Guages in cupra?

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
the lack of oil/water guage worrys me.

anyone know of any good positions to stick guages in?

ive found some guages that match the bocs,
sta_st3502-white.jpg

its not 100% match but its almost there. :)

i just need to find a decent place to put em, pillars for me is a big nono. i reckon you could fit 1 behind the left hand cup holder, but i want more then just 1. think ill have to stick em in the glove box :/ id also like a boost one in the drivers vent if possible?

oil temp
oil pressure
water temp
voltage
boost

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
AudiSingleUnit.jpg

if i could get one of these with 2 guage holders for the boc that would be awesome,

anyone know if anyone makes one?

i was looking at doing this not long ago. try to find queen's reader's ride thread. she has 2 gauges fitted in the central vents, using tt holders as mentioned above, looks like they're meant to be there and still allows the vents to function correctly.

CraigJack

Sep 10, 2012
I've got a vet mount boost gauge on the drivers vent you need to do some MODIFING lol for it to fit but looks smart when done

GMInsite

Apr 3, 2009
A how-to-guide would be amazing if anyone that has done it can write one up , looking at getting a boost,water temp,oil temp gauge for mine

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Stack gauges are stupid prices! £123 Excluding VAT!!!!!!!

ive bought a car that costs 11k i dont mind spending a bit more on guages, plus your looking at the pro guages with recall etc

all 5 guages that i want total about 350quid

2dFO6

ill stick boost and oil pressure in the middle vents. but then need a spot for 3 more, might just stick em in the glove box.

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
I understand they're pro gauges and I'm all for top quality parts but Dayyyyum i thought that was dear.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
I understand they're pro gauges and I'm all for top quality parts but Dayyyyum i thought that was dear.

LOL

im considering stack/aem/defi.

the stack guages are the simplest, i like simple cos theres less to go wrong!

aem look nice, but the stacks are the only ones that match almost 100%

white numbers/needle black back.

tomd1338

Nov 2, 2009
Seems like a silly question I know.

But how would you go about wiring these in? Connect to obd2 or drill through the firewall and fit a joint into a turbo hose?

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Seems like a silly question I know.

But how would you go about wiring these in? Connect to obd2 or drill through the firewall and fit a joint into a turbo hose?

Boost will be easiest. forge make and adapter plate for it, LINK

then its just a case of wiring 12v/earth and done.

oil pressure uses a sender/oil temp either sandwich plate where the oil filter is or sump plug pickup.

volts guage, find a live that only on when the engine is on.

water temp you can get hose couplers ie cut hose insert join that has a thread for a probe in it, et voila.

but dont listen to me ive never wired a guage in my life:shrug:

Jon Olds

Mar 3, 2005
Volts is a bit more subtle than you think, to do it properly. My view is that you need alternator output volts, not some random system voltage, and not battery volts.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Volts is a bit more subtle than you think, to do it properly. My view is that you need alternator output volts, not some random system voltage, and not battery volts.

true, but thats 1000% more work and honestly ill be happy with a switched live. ideally i want it from the alt, but for what its worth just seeing whats in the battery will do me :)

CraigJack

Sep 10, 2012
Personally is like to move my boost gauge to the center vent and add a oil temp gauge unfortunately no one makes a kit for the cupra/boc and no one has done it themselves to write a tut either

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Personally is like to move my boost gauge to the center vent and add a oil temp gauge unfortunately no one makes a kit for the cupra/boc and no one has done it themselves to write a tut either

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

i had a quick look at queens white mk5, and he has the guages in TT vent holders and they look bang on, ive pmed him and asked what i need to do/what i need to get in order to do it :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.