ARB dtpplinks

monkgti

Slow progress!!
Mar 18, 2007
Durham
http://www.vwspares.co.uk/ibiza99_suspension.php
Hi
Whilst changing control arm bushes to poly the other day I sheared my droplinks.
Bar is 23 and 20mm at link connection ends.
Euro couldn't find part from oen no( 1H0 411 327) and the febi part no. in the vwspares link was 18mm from there....
What is this bar off? Anyone know?
Thanks in advance:)

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com
Hi Jonathan long time no hear. Is the mk 2 out of the garage yet? The front bar is a Mk2 Golf G60 fitment from memory. Would love to see some fresh pics if you have any.

monkgti

Slow progress!!
Mar 18, 2007
Durham
Hi Ed
Car see's it first run out in 4 1/2 years at the end of this month at cadwell park.
I've freshened it up with poly bushes, new brakes with pagid blues and some 888's on 15 "wheels.
Just hope I'm not to disheartened with performance but fingers crossed it might nip along ok with the czm box I've put in it.
I'm actually really looking forward to it and it should be more of a challenge than my M3 which literally drives itself round tracks well..I'm collecting a nice little Brian James trailer to travel it about with on Sunday and plan a good few days out if its ok. I'll get some pics up for you later.

edc

Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
Glad to see you've persevered with it. I'm rolling around in this as a second car now. The colour looks familiar doesn't it

33zg02o.jpg

Any other trick bits on the Ibiza? Did you get a cage and diff in the end?

Last edited:

edc

Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
Wow looking good! I'm liking the windows. I see some of my additions are still there. The gold calipers are brushed on hammerite, keep an eye on track with the heat through them. The silver dash speaker grills can be removed and so can the silver instrument surround. The pedals are TT covers. I can't remember now whether they fitted over the originals or whether they replaced them. In any case check the accelerator pedal as I remember it needed teasing into place and the last thing you want is it coming adrift when pressing on. The gear knob is quite heavy but sits much lower than the original so gives the feel of a shorter shift action, its just freezing in winter.

I like the guages. Also, is the exhaust new and on the other side? Did you repaint eh inside of the car? It looks very shiny like the rear brace.

I take it the engine is still as is, I can see the standard air box.

monkgti

Slow progress!!
Mar 18, 2007
Durham
If you look a bit further down you will see the only thing silver inside is the instrument surround, everything else is back to black.
Notice the pedals a little closer...the throttle is now on the left, due to my dodgy leg I've swapped throttle and brake position.
There's a B & M quickshift on it now aswell, thinking currently on making it a little higher up..
The silencer is changed also to mk3 one.
Yes, Engine is still standard but I've coupled it to 4:1 lower final drive czm gearbox.
The inside was stripped of all the sound deadening and painted, it all added up to a lot of weight, Even though the cage has added some weight it definitely is lighter now..I've removed lots of bits....
Its been 4 1/2 year's of very slow progress but ill just keep it forever and eventually I'm sure ill make a car of it:)

Last edited:

edc

Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
Re the pedals - very clever. You are using left foot for accelerator and clutch and right for brake? If you need the gear stick higher up then an original gearshift knob probably raises it an inch or so.

The old silencer was a mk3 one from a mk3 Ibiza Cupra R. The rear valence was trimmed a little to fit.

How much does it weigh now? From memory I had it weighed once and it was 1075kgs.

If you ever venture further south for a track day let me know. Would love to pop over to say hi and see the car.

sheriiff

Jul 17, 2010
northallerton
nice bit of kit mate, im gunna be doin same thing this year, is that perspex windows all round? how have you fitted them do they leak? what plans for it next?

monkgti

Slow progress!!
Mar 18, 2007
Durham
nice bit of kit mate, im gunna be doin same thing this year, is that perspex windows all round? how have you fitted them do they leak? what plans for it next?

Windscreen is still glass but remaining 5 are perspex, mine are bolted in between a foam perimeter strip and I'm not sure if they will leak in just yet as I don't really plan to use it in wet but I'm sure ill get caught out...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.