Al's Ibiza 1.4 DAB

Al-Batson92

Dec 4, 2011
Alright Lads & Lasses. I recently bought back into the VAG scene with a Mk4 Ibiza DAB after my fiesta and a wall had a rather intermate moment :/.
Here is a piccy of the Fiesta, was my old pride and joy, great car, but sadly not built like a volvo and so the wall came out victorious.

Fiesta20_zps56d88743.jpg

Had the Ibiza for a couple of weeks now, so thought it was time to get a thread up. :)
Well here she is,

DSC_0184_zps51a6e538.jpg

She is a 1.4 DAB edition. Standard when I purchased her at still pretty standard at the minute.
Things Ive done:
-New Headlight Bulbs
-SetaCupra.Net sticker of course
-Stubby aerial
-Good Clean and Wax

To do List:
-Fly eyes or LaminX front and rear lights
-Paint Callipers
-Bonnet Bra
-Sun Strip
-Wheel Re-Furb
-At some point lower.

Here she is after a Good weekends clean and polish :)

DSC_0195_zpsfb0adb19.jpg

I know its pretty boring at the minute, but I had to start a thread at some point :).
Cheers for any replys or comments, and up for hearing any suggestions.

Last edited:

Al-Batson92

Dec 4, 2011
Moving Forward

Bit of movement since I last posted on here :).

Okay so I have seen a few ibizas with the "wider mouth" look, so naturally I became a bit of a sheep and followed suit.

DSC_0208_zps79ea451f.jpg

Thats how it was behind the number plate.

And this is the finished result, apologies for the state of the car, the roads have been salty :/ so all of the grilles look grey.

DSC_0210_zps47cc3037.jpg

Next thing was to apply the fly eyes I have recently purchased, now I know they are not everyones cup of tea, well hardly anyones cup of tea but I rather like them.

Before:

DSC_0199_zpsb5e6c55d.jpg

After:

DSC_0200_zps01c12cc6.jpg

Not the best job but as good as I was going to get it.
So this was the result after that busy day.

DSC_0201_zps92a60ee3.jpg

So had a good clean, between the last picture and the new one I have also painted my callipers red, bit chavvy but looks a lot better than rusty flaky brown lumps of metal.

DSC_0214_zps7f24463a.jpg

DSC_0212_zps9bdc4feb.jpg

The more eagle eyed of you may have noticed that the passenger side lense on the rear lights is missing, it was cracked and finally gave up but I have since replaced it.

And yesterday I fitted some uprated bulbs, they come wired to a box... If you know what I mean.

DSC_0216_zpseaa6962d.jpg

Wind deflectors is looking like the next job, as well as some of the cupra interior touches. REEEEEEEALLY want it lowered but im going to have to wait for my renewal for that -.-

Al-Batson92

Dec 4, 2011
Cheers lads. Yeah beezajono, they are both great cars, fiesta bit easier to work on though seeing as everything is Velcro'd together.

Al-Batson92

Dec 4, 2011
A Litlle bit more progress.

A little bit of progress in the last two weeks :)

New things delivered to the house 2 weeks ago.

DSC_0245_zps97dbdd64.jpg

DSC_0246_zps4f461a88.jpg

Of course they didnt stay on the living room floor for too long...

From this:

DSC_0248_zps6a501d22.jpg

To this:

DSC_0249_zpsa8c69c0e.jpg

And one with the wind deflectors:

DSC_0250_zps167d2ac3.jpg

I also removed the fly eyes, they looked great for like a week, and to be fair I do alot of motorway miles, so they really didnt stand up to the punishment very well, especially with all the salt all over the roads, so I whipped them off.

I also removed the little rust farm of a splash guard from behind the front discs, this was the state of it.

DSC_0264_zps48041625.jpg

whilst I was at that I also covered the underneath with under body sealent, and painted the inner arches.

Seeing as I have had the car around 2months now and have been trying to restore the paintwork I think I am starting to win the war, starting to come up okay now:

DSC_0268_zpsd85ce9fc.jpg

and finaly in this liitle update I learnt a valuable lesson this week.
So the car has been running like an absolute bag of bolts, so in my infinete wisdom I immediatley discounted sparks or ignition coils and went about fitting a new MAP sensor, cleaning the intake mani and throttle body as well as the EGR.
After all this it was still running crappy. So I finaly decided to remove the ignition coils for an inspection, first one I removed looked like this:

DSC_0273_zps6b620226.jpg

Obious and easy things first, lesson learnt :)

Al-Batson92

Dec 4, 2011
More Movement.

Been a while since I posted anything about the car on here.
Since the last post there has been a bit of progress.

After reading a bit about them and seeing all of the postive things people have to say I decided to buy a pair of 25mm spacers for the rear wheels.

DSC_0307_zps1783757d.jpg

Havn't got a before and after picture. You may be able to notice the difference in the pictures further along :).

Next I had been wanting to get rid of the rotten horribke exhaust but wasn't really looking for an upgrade of any kind. But I came across a bargain on ebay and couldn't leave it.

DSC_0324_zpsf7132913.jpg

Few scrapes and a ding, but it was second hand and cheap. It's a powerflow stainless box, which I had heard would be loud and droney, but to be fair it's not too loud.

Old exhaust:

DSC_0327_zpsfae19aa4.jpg

DSC_0328_zpsd93adff4.jpg

Nice clean and smarten up.

DSC_0333_zps149e7af3.jpg

Next was a lovely new set of brake discs and pads on the front.

DSC_0355_zps0140fcf1.jpg

Oh and there my misses' lovely pink vans not mine. Not that she is too interested in what she is looking at.

The wheels on the car were letting the side down really. Not that the body and paint is perfect but the wheels were really tatty. So as I was going on holiday and didn't need the car I decided to have them re-furbished.

DSC_0403_zpscdba0fc8.jpg

DSC_0405_zpse998db60.jpg

Please ignore the the blu-tac. Someone pushed my de-badge grommet into the boot, and I really didn't want to take that boot trim off for it, so there is another one on the way.

So this is where the car stands now :)

DSC_0494_zpsfe5452b7.jpg

DSC_0491_zpsdcf5fc1b.jpg

DSC_0492_zpsf7d53c6f.jpg

So that's the car at the minute. Don't know what to do next, thinking of looking into new cars, maybe something more powerful but a diesel as I do a lot of miles, so maybe a Cupra, we will see. Will probably keep doing little things.
Thinking of ketting a silver emblam for the centre caps on the wheels.
Maybe a de-badge on the Rear, just the IBIZA.

I look forward to reading any comments or opinions, and thanks to anyone who got this far :).

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.