Bov

dellboy_

Hi all , any advice on what recirc valve to upgrade to as I'm sure my plastshit one is leaking boost slowly as I can hear it gently dumping back through filter on acceleration , any advise with prices much appreciated

dellboy_

So getting a new replacement original part is the best option not an aftermarket ? Just thought I would ask as most seem to say forge etc in other posts ... Cheers guys

lcrsammy

May 4, 2011
berks
the guys at badger5 have been bubble testing most valves recently, iirc the forge 008 is ok, a serviced 007 with the new style piston is ok and a std valve also holds boost very well too.

I guess it depends on where you will be taking your engine, if just running a standard map then a new OE valve will suffice, but if you will be upping power then being able to change spring/add shims will be of more benefit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
the guys at badger5 have been bubble testing most valves recently, iirc the forge 008 is ok, a serviced 007 with the new style piston is ok and a std valve also holds boost very well too.

I guess it depends on where you will be taking your engine, if just running a standard map then a new OE valve will suffice, but if you will be upping power then being able to change spring/add shims will be of more benefit.

You'd be surprised how well the standard valve can cope even when running a bigger turbo. I've had piston valves that have stuck or leaked whereas diaphram valves , APR R1 and the OEM have been 100% reliable.
I've read the standard valve is rated to 2 bar. :)

lcrsammy

May 4, 2011
berks
thats good to know! luckily I got my 007p from the bay dirt cheap and a free service kit from forge so my valve was probanly cheaper than a new oe valve :D

Last edited: