Does anyone know this cars previous owner-SD59

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Afternoon folks, I'm trying to track down the previous owner of the car below. I went to view it today at an Arnold Clark near Glasgow and it had a nice little seatcupra.net decal on the windscreen so I presume they are or were a member. I'm just looking to get as much info on it as possible as I am considering upgrading my mk1 to a mk2. I will also be posting this in the General Off Topic section to get as much exposure as possible. Cheers

2013-03-15095322.jpg

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Afternoon folks, I'm trying to track down the previous owner of the car below. I went to view it today at an Arnold Clark near Glasgow and it had a nice little seatcupra.net decal on the windscreen so I presume they are or were a member. I'm just looking to get as much info on it as possible as I am considering upgrading my mk1 to a mk2. I will also be posting this in the Mk2 Leon section to get as much exposure as possible. Cheers

2013-03-15095322.jpg

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Is it a Cupra? Looks like CraigD's car except its not a Cupra R, no Xenons, 59 plate rather than 60 plate and of course the wheels are different. The front splitter is different too.

Never seen this car before anywhere at any Scottish meet etc.

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Yeah, its a Cupra. Along that black stripe on the side theres a Storm Trooper decal and theres also a little Storm Trooper decal on the boot lid, if thats any help.

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
Yeah, its a Cupra. Along that black stripe on the side theres a Storm Trooper decal and theres also a little Storm Trooper decal on the boot lid, if thats any help.

not sure if related but someone last year i think was building a model Storm trooper helmet?
coincidence maybe?
was in Hobbies section but now purged.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Couldn't find the car on Arnold Sharks webshite. Be sure if you buy it that they remove the hideous yellow sticker from the back window before you take delivery :)

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
I would be more worried about driving around with that hideous splitter and odd coloured wheels...

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Yeh it's my mate Calum's old car. He kept it in great nic. He only had it about 7 months. SHould have about 44-45k on the clock? It needs a clutch so make sure you have a test drive as the biting point is pretty high. He never remapped the car due to this

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Sorry it took so long to reply but I was just waiting for everything to be finalised. Well I'm now the proud owner of a nice shiny white mk2 Cupra. Cheers for all the help locating the previous owner, I got in touch with him about the car and it turned out to be "Seat Racer" above. Just need to wait untill next Friday to pick it up so I have a week to strip all the bits and bobs off my mk1.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Yeh it's my mate Calum's old car. He kept it in great nic. He only had it about 7 months. SHould have about 44-45k on the clock? It needs a clutch so make sure you have a test drive as the biting point is pretty high. He never remapped the car due to this

Sorry it took so long to reply but I was just waiting for everything to be finalised. Well I'm now the proud owner of a nice shiny white mk2 Cupra. Cheers for all the help locating the previous owner, I got in touch with him about the car and it turned out to be "Seat Racer" above. Just need to wait untill next Friday to pick it up so I have a week to strip all the bits and bobs off my mk1.

Not to put a downer on it......but what about the clutch issue mentioned above?

One of my mates was going to go and look at it the other day.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.