R1 Carb ABF Ibiza Sport GTi tacho

Rizo-uk

Hi all,

I have a Mk2 Ibiza Cupra Sport Gti 99'

ABF block and Head
KR Ignition
R1 Carbs and nice custom inlet manifold.

Everything is running great but one thing im stuck on it the Tacho wiring and the Oil Temp wiring.

I assume the oil temp goes to the rear of the head by the dizzy? Green wire? For the MFA

Now i know where to pick up the rpm sense from but im having an absolute mare trying to find where to connect it to the car side.

Can anyone offer any advice?
Thanks
Jon

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Oil temp is taken by the oil filter IIRC, and you want to pick up the rpm from the crank speed sensor at the front of the engine by the engine mount

Or you could pick it up from the dizzy sensor

Rizo-uk

Im not running any ECU or standard management. Only bit of electronics is the KR Ignition loom and TCI-H.

Thats what i thought regarding the temp. Hi/lo/temp on the abf oil housing?

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
i did the same conversion on a mk1 golf mate, same mk2 16v ignition system etc... im presuming here that you are using an old style coil to provide the spark along the lines of:
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00AButQPFClybs/Wet-Ignition-Coil-for-Lucas-Type.jpg
in which case you get the tacho signal from that... to supply the ibiza clocks it needs to be a pulsed LIVE signal, not sure what it was on the golf unfortunately, so cant say if i had it pulsed earth or live...

Either way once you get a signal you need to just wire it up to the red and black wire going into the back of the clocks :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members