Thinking of coming back to the fold, again...

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Hey guys, been a while! Hope you're all ok :)

Thinking of coming back.
I've never managed to get Leons out of my system and I find myself looking at them again.

I will now be travelling 70 miles a day due to my job and don't want to put mileage on my 1er so I'm going to let the girlfriend have that for work and I'm looking a different cars.

I've seen a Leon FR (again) in white with 90k on it. Not bothered about mileage as I'll be doing a few things to keep it running sweet.
It's had it's cam belt done but not sure about the injectors? Were they recalled on '07 models?

I'd plan on a dpf delete and remap which takes it to circa 230bhp but clutch maybe an issue?
I'd also like to fit an RNS510 but it has Bluetooth with the larger dash screen so I assume the time will shift to the right? Is there a fix for this yet?
Is the only way for iPod integration with the MDI connector?

What sort of mpg are people getting with dpf deletes? I'll be doing 33 miles A road and 2 miles town driving each way.

Thanks for help in advance :)

E81 118D | Black Sapphire | M Sport | 18" 208's | Comfort Pack | Front+Rear PDC | Rear Privacy Glass | Pro HU | Alpine Upgrade | Lemon Leather | Heated Seats | Cruise | Depos | 6000k Angel LEDS | 4300k HIDS | TRS Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-Xenon | Carbon Mirrors | BMWP Grills | Carbon Spoiler | BMWP Gearknob | BMWP Handbrake

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Do it danny you know you want too!

Didn't realise you were on here Ben! How long you had your Leon mate? :)

E81 118D | Black Sapphire | M Sport | 18" 208's | Comfort Pack | Front+Rear PDC | Rear Privacy Glass | Pro HU | Alpine Upgrade | Lemon Leather | Heated Seats | Cruise | Depos | 6000k Angel LEDS | 4300k HIDS | TRS Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-Xenon | Carbon Mirrors | BMWP Grills | Carbon Spoiler | BMWP Gearknob | BMWP Handbrake

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
I know mate, should of kept the original black one!

I'll see what happens, just need some answers from folk on here in terms of mpg etc.
You done anything to yours?

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
07's are PD and they should have had their injects changed FOC however they might not have so best ringing seat to check. Mpg its pretty poor tho, better than a petrol but I reckon with that mileage your likely to get 40mpg. 220bhp is more likely and yes at 90k you might need a new clutch but if its already been changed you should be ok for a while

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
so let me get this right... you sold the cupra to get a more economical car which was teh Diesel 1 series.... now you dont want to put the mileage on the diesel 1 series and thinking of getting another Diesel??

madness comes to mind.. should of kept Leon gave that to misses and put mileage on the 1 series :)

get a cupra. you know you want one

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
At retail, the BMW warranty has paid out over £6k worth of work.

Crankshaft
Timing chain
Clutch
DMF
2 wheel bearings
Shock absorber
EGR valve
EGR wiring
DPF
Multiple gaskets
Software updates

The list goes on I'm still having issues.
It's not returning the mpg it used to and no one can figure out why so I figure getting a Leon won't make that much difference with regards to fuel but I'll have a more tuneable engine without it going bang.

The only thing cheaper on the 1er is tax at £30 a year, everything else is more expensive.

It's just a thought at the moment, I miss having a Leon but my 1er is very well specced which takes the enjoyment out if tinkering with things, it's a lot easier to retrofit stuff and VAGCOM is a lot easier to work then INPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
A hell of a lot of facelift 1ers with the N47 Diesel engine in have timing chain problems which usually requires a new crankshaft depending on build date.

The clutches are crap, mine has been in 8k miles and is going again.

I'll be honest Lee, I miss my old FR550 and to this day wish I hadn't sold it. By far the best car I've had for outright fun and never put a foot wrong!
I'm not into this connoisseur stuff haha ;)

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
That's the other option, but this time I really want to properly mod it.

Rns510
DPF delete and remap
Speaker system upgrade
Black wheels (assuming I get a white car)
Triple R splitter
Cupra R rear conversion
Custom exhaust
Side skirts and spoiler

And a few other tasty mods and then get to some shows to meet all you guys

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.