Fr or cupra tdi, which is the best buy?

Meller

I am in the exact same postion. I'm toying between Cupra tdi or FR tdi?
I do like the fact that Cupra is a 160, but on the other hand i do like the cheaper running of a FR, if it is that much cheaper (same road tax bracket, i think) group 8 FR compare to group 14 Cupra.
By the sounds of it on here, it looks like the Cupra is a better buy and something which people perfer
So i think my mind is mind up.
Thank you

May 21, 2009
Why would an Ibiza need ESP?

I can understand big powerful cars like amg mercs or M bmws

I can understand traction control but don't see a need for ESP

Deleted member 77040

Insurance was the deterring factor for me so I got a fr lol

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
One of the few benefits of approaching 30, cheaper insurance :)

Yeah being older does have some perks. :blink:

Renewed my FR TDi Ins today and went with Swift. Fully comp, protected NCB, legal cover etc all for £196, frigging cheap for a car that pulls so well :D

Need new boots all round though :cry:

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Yeah being older does have some perks. :blink:

Renewed my FR TDi Ins today and went with Swift. Fully comp, protected NCB, legal cover etc all for £196, frigging cheap for a car that pulls so well :D

Need new boots all round though :cry:

That's good, how old are you? I pay about 450 for my Cupra tdi with legal cover, protected no claims and breakdown cover with Aviva. Renewal in May and should come down to under 400. I will be 28 in June with 8 years no claims.

secret.squirrel

Dec 1, 2010
Middle Earth (Wiltshire)

I've found with mine that it's probably something to do with planting it in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or (in the wet) 4th and the wheels lighting up mean traction control does come in useful. Especially in the wet in the lower gears actually if you get a bit eager on the play pedal.

Squirrel.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton

ESP is nothing to do with the size of a car, the idea is it straightens the car out if you end up fish tailing, which in theory is useful on any car.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
That's good, how old are you? I pay about 450 for my Cupra tdi with legal cover, protected no claims and breakdown cover with Aviva. Renewal in May and should come down to under 400. I will be 28 in June with 8 years no claims.

Well old mate compared to most on here, mid 40's :D

It seems they take into acount no claims over 6 yrs now, ive got 17 yrs registered. Also have a speed cam detector ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.