PD intakes

rteone

Nov 5, 2012
Swansea
HI all .

I want to polish my intake but i don't want the car off the road for a couple days so im going to buy another and polish that.

Would i be wrong in thinking that the intakes from other 1.9 pd engines would be a straight fit,

E.G Passat, Golf, beetle ?

Thanks

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
would the 06 FR TDI intake fit?

The fr one is the same as a the normal diesel intake, it's only the cupra one which is larger diameter. But very pricey, I just got one for £95 from sere. Worth it when your looking for tiny gains

The fr one is the same as a the normal diesel intake, it's only the cupra one which is larger diameter. But very pricey, I just got one for £95 from sere. Worth it when your looking for tiny gains

Fabia vrs ones are the same too

I have a spare PD160 intake off my Ibiza Cupra.....

i think your all getting confused here an intake pipe to the airbox wouldnt require his car to be off the road a couple of days while polishing.
im pretty sure he means the alley pipe going to the egr and down by the headlight which then links to the fmic is the one he wants to polish without this pipe the car would be undriveable.

secret.squirrel

Dec 1, 2010
Middle Earth (Wiltshire)
i think your all getting confused here an intake pipe to the airbox wouldnt require his car to be off the road a couple of days while polishing.
im pretty sure he means the alley pipe going to the egr and down by the headlight which then links to the fmic is the one he wants to polish without this pipe the car would be undriveable.

Was just wondering why you would polish that one, given the intake pipe to the airbox is plastic, so polishing it would actually do f*ck all.

Squirrel.

rteone

Nov 5, 2012
Swansea
Ye badger and zach are right,
Im doing the inlet manifold, duno why i said intake.

anybody got a spare ?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Correct again :lol:

Not the best idea. The rough surface has been proven to help keep fuel atomised rather than allow it to form droplets.

In a turbo charged engine the surface finish of the inlet manifold is fairly irrelevant because the air is pressurised and forced through.
However the surface finish on a naturally aspirated inlet is more important because it is under vacuum.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.