Help! Lcr

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
Hi guys basically taking the f*****g girlfriend to work in this snow and got stuck I managed to get out but when driving now I get a really loud rubbing/vibrating noise sounds like its coming from left hand side of engine/wheel side but the vibrate is bad

I looked under the bonnet and saw this
image_zpsa19790bf.jpg

Now I'm no mechanic but is that part of the gearbox? And when it feels loose and I can wobble it is that right? I wouldn't know if it looks ok in that picture or not any help would be great
It goes in gear ok in every gear and when I put my foot down it seems to go but once of acceleration the vibrate starts!

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
No haven't hit anything just wheel spinning trying to get out do these pop out sometime and should I be able to wobble it?

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
Oh well might not be that then could possibly be engine mount maybe? Is there one on left hang side? Don't have a clue about engines the sound goes when I say "floor" it but soon as I'm off acceleration it's comes bak

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
When looking at the engine it looks as tho it does have a slight lean to the right hmm wonder if it is that

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
Nope engine doesn't move! God knows just have to wait till I can get the car recovered I don't want to drive it iv drive it about 3 1/2 mile vibrating!

anni25pd

Jul 23, 2012
glasgow/ayrshire
Never really seen or heard of anyone shearing nearside engine mount but have seen dogbone mounts (that supports your gearbox from subframe) let go possibly from all the wheel spinning / torque steer if u were sliding around in the snow.

Can u get someone to stick it on a ramp or even axle stands ? Should be easy to spot / very evident when revving engine

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
Could be the dog bone.. And ye well I think my near side wheel bearing was going made the normal noise.. But not very loud was getting that changed in next couple of days but could that really make the car vibrate and all the dash?? It is very loud when I say loud as in people will be able to hear it outside

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.