Pulling to the left

Warning

Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
Yeah I'm sorry but there's probably a million posts that are the same as this but, I am at my wits end with my car atm its pulling to the left and 2 garages I've been to say that the alignment is spot on and there's nothing else that they can see is wrong with my car.

here's the last print out I've got what do you all think? any advice?

img201303271628231.jpg

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
I have read about some of the earlier Ibiza's which had this problem from new and it seemed very hard to fix.

How many miles on the car ?

Have you tried swapping the front wheels with the back. ?

Warning

Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
Roughly 70800 miles, its a 57 plate and the last garage did indeed change the front to the rears and the rears to the front and it still pulls to the left

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Not sure how severe yours is but I find mine is just very sensitive to any camber in the road. In France it doesn't do it

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Not sure how severe yours is but I find mine is just very sensitive to any camber in the road. In France it doesn't do it

Yep :lol:

Mine used to drift to the left, but not on the continent. However ive now been using my spare alloy as one of the 4 originals has a crack and was welded, so was relegated to spare just in case. Now it doesnt drift to the left.... go figure. :confused:

I would see if they would adjust it to toe slightly to the right to try and counteract it. Asked somewhere to do this once and they said no.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Yep :lol:

Mine used to drift to the left, but not on the continent. However ive now been using my spare alloy as one of the 4 originals has a crack and was welded, so was relegated to spare just in case. Now it doesnt drift to the left.... go figure. :confused:

I would see if they would adjust it to toe slightly to the right to try and counteract it. Asked somewhere to do this once and they said no.

My Cupra pulls left, my old sx pulled left, road camber definitely has something to do with it. I also read it was a safety feature to stop you drifting in to oncoming traffic in the event of passing out/dying whilst driving, not sure if that is true :blink:

Raziel

Oct 24, 2011
My Fr used to pull badly to the left, to the point it was dangerous to take the hands off the wheel even for a second, specially on the motorway.

After the console bushes being replaced and two new front tyres I had the wheels aligned - the toe was out. Since then it is almost perfect, on roads without camber the car keeps a straight line. :D On the motorway it still pulls slightly to the left, as there is always camber.

Last edited:

Deleted member 74601

When you have them checked again, get them to change the Caster so that the front right tyre is about 0.2-0.3 degrees further back then the front left.

Cars are supposed to be setup so that front right caster is slightly further behind to balance the 'natural' camber of the roads (as they do have camber for drainage).

This might not cure it, but it will help.

Also try swapping the tyres from side to side instead of front to back. I had a rear left tyre that was causing a pull.

To the above - The reason you don't pull left on the continent is because the road cambers the opposite way because you're on the other side of the road :)

Last edited by a moderator:

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Unless you start using shims, I think you can only adjust the front toe on Ibizas...

daytona246

May 28, 2012
I wouldn't say mine 'Pulls' to the left. it only veers to the left if you really loosen the grip on the steering wheel 'camber' ?

barlowdjb

Mar 20, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
i was once told that all cars pull slightly to the left that are made for the UK roads as a slight safety feature as if you drift off sleeping (bad move!) then you wont plough into on coming traffic

S7UYJ

Sep 7, 2010
Manchester
The only way to really test it is to get as flat a road as you can, or hoof down the wrong side of the road and see if it pulls right! (Would not advise on open road obviously!) in the last 3 days I've driven 3 different cars, and all of them have their own degree of drift to the left, some worse than others so I'd be leadin to say its road camber i everything else is ok. 2 of these were fwd and one 4wd

Charlieboy

Nov 10, 2012
I've got the same problem ATM on mine.. Couple of forum members said to check the bushes on wishbone and that.. Off to my mechanic yesterday and it does need new bushes and he said that's what's giving you the pull..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members