Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Go hardcore and get hold of one of the supercopa rear wings
These were adjustable so can have a play to suit the front

hyphon12

Daft Member
Jun 7, 2011
Scottish Borders
My understanding is if you soften up the rear you'll induce more understeer. The biggest problem I have is a light footprint at the rear at high speed. I'm afraid this is an aerodynamic issue...

I have plenty understeer in medium/low speed corners already so.. don't need more of that :censored:

Yeah there is that, which is why we always do minor adjustments, its just trying to find the best balance of the two which is very time consuming (Example: We only had 2 Stages left in a rally when finally got a good setup :p).

As for aero you could just go mental and get a supercopa wing :D
EDIT: ah someone beat me to it

Last edited:

Gulfstream

Jul 31, 2010
Go hardcore and get hold of one of the supercopa rear wings
These were adjustable so can have a play to suit the front

Wonder if they are detachable.. where I live that wouldn't stay on the car for more than a few days before someone decides they deserve it more than me...

Also, my car is registered as a streetcar so everything I do to the car MUST look oem or else MOT guys will require a rebuilt vehicle registration MOT check and my god that's a pain, not to say expensive.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Actual wing detaches from brackets.
However the brackets bolt to the inside of the boot lid and go through a plastic rear window, so would never look OE

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
Looking for a little less lift over the rear of my LCR. Would this be an improvement?

http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/2309S-Seat-Leon-WRC-rear-spoiler?osCsid=1314189056f616285ef2998a9bf3f5ee

Be interesting to see more photos or better still in the flesh as it does look as though it is angled upwards slightly to give more downforce compared to oem being flat?

A few are not really understanding your situation as you already have all the best "normal" mods but require even more due actually more to do with the type of driving [track] your doing rather than fact your car also happens to be way quicker than standard car:)
Sweeping through left and right hand bends sometimes consecutively on the limit of grip at speeds of over 100mph is not the same as driving down the average dual carriageway/motorway, where i'm sure all the talk/advice of arbs and coilovers is more than enough to make the car 100% better than standard. With you already running all these things I see exactly where you are coming from with running slicks just up front and now wanting to improve the rear a bit in a simple quick way and think what you are looking at makes a lot of sense. The gurney flap idea which i was not aware of does seem a simple inexpensive thing worth trying maybe?

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
If I get around to trying a flat floor in the summer which is dependant on or great British weather. And if I can get it to work I'll send you some templates if you want?

Gulfstream

Jul 31, 2010
If I get around to trying a flat floor in the summer which is dependant on or great British weather. And if I can get it to work I'll send you some templates if you want?

Absolutely that'd be sweet. I think with a flat floor you should also think about extending the sideskirts to keep the vacuum under that car and not have it dissipate out to the sides. Same principle as the winglets on a jet. -ish

I'll try to source some kind of a gurney solution locally. Just need to be creative I guess..

wouterwolfs

Soften your rear damper stiffnes and pull the front about 5mm up.
( I think your understeer is also Aero related, maybe your front is to low!!, because the air stalls at that speed you will get extra understeer! in medium/low speed corners)

Add an adjustable front splitter so you can tweak this.
Make a small diffuser from the point where the rear axlebeam starts to the rear bumper.
( don't but the angel more than 7 degrees up, than the diffuser stalls again!)

Race proved at an Alfa 156 GTA

Last edited by a moderator:

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Absolutely that'd be sweet. I think with a flat floor you should also think about extending the sideskirts to keep the vacuum under that car and not have it dissipate out to the sides. Same principle as the winglets on a jet. -ish

I'll try to source some kind of a gurney solution locally. Just need to be creative I guess..

I've bough a boot spoiler for a M5 to try but I don't think it'll be high enough in the air stream. I might have a go with a drain pipe and fibreglass like Nige! It's an interesting area that gets over looked.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
My understanding is if you soften up the rear you'll induce more understeer. The biggest problem I have is a light footprint at the rear at high speed. I'm afraid this is an aerodynamic issue...

I have plenty understeer in medium/low speed corners already so.. don't need more of that :censored:

play front rear ride heights

Gulfstream

Jul 31, 2010
I've bough a boot spoiler for a M5 to try but I don't think it'll be high enough in the air stream. I might have a go with a drain pipe and fibreglass like Nige! It's an interesting area that gets over looked.

Yea, mold a gurney flap of fiberglass might be a solution. Bolt on to oem spoiler...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members