passenger front wheel sticks out further than drivers!! help

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
this issue has been bugging me for a while now and after changing ball joints, track rod ends, bottom arms all tps genuine items, and coilovers and new compbrake top mounts and eibach camber bolts i still have the issue

drivers side: sits perfect nice camber no contact with a standard arch the old ones were flared and rubbed a little i much prefer the standard wings i fitted to the rolled/flared
044-3_zpsc9134106.jpg

040-1_zps0bc2679f.jpg

passenger side: well the pics will show how bad it is
045-2_zpsbc9c7f9e.jpg

037-1_zps21ced38d.jpg

038-1_zps69a593d6.jpg

so the only other problems i can think of is either swapping the hubs and buying new genuine hubs from tps and see if that works or maybe the driveshafts arent genuine and could be a tad longer than need to be?? im stumped and need some help if anyone has encountered this problem before?

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
I dropped the subframe a while back with the motor on it but I'm sure they only fit in 1 position Im sure it was all bolted up loose then fixed up tight! It's very confusing

Apr 12, 2008
I have a same problem. My passenger side (drivers side in uk) wheel sticks out more .
I measured subframe from bolt to bolt, weld to weld, wheel to wheel, and everything is more or less pretty much simmetrical.
However, my passenger side wing is from a non cupra ibiza, and it seems that cupra wing could be a bit wider than non cupra?
Or my wheel arches have been rooled and widened, so this standard one is just not as wide.

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
The alloys don't need spigot rings the centre bore is fine wheels are et10 all around and I've tried my 3 other sets of wheels on and still the same issue

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
I would say is the subframe centred? Or has the car been crashed? Pushing it squint? Mine is the same both sides. No difference between sides.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

May 25, 2008
cambs
Are the wishbones correct ? As I know the mk2 golf are the same but mk3 golf vr6 ones fit too but give a wider track

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
trying to find out how much longer mark 3 golf wishbones are compared to the standard cupra ones as you can widetrack the ibiza's by doing it this way?

im still thinking its the hub as after i fitted the compbrake top mounts and camber bolts the drivers side is perfect but the passenger wheel has no camber??

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
just measured the bottom arms both are the same length! im guessing its a bent hub/stub axle but rang tps for a price on hub/bearing/stub and it was £240+vat haha ill have to raid my garage to try and find an old one with a dead bearing and try that on to see if that sorts it?

cheers for the replies lads has renewed my faith in forums :) haha

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
just measured the bottom arms both are the same length! im guessing its a bent hub/stub axle but rang tps for a price on hub/bearing/stub and it was £240+vat haha ill have to raid my garage to try and find an old one with a dead bearing and try that on to see if that sorts it?

cheers for the replies lads has renewed my faith in forums :) haha

There is still useful people on here!! Albeit a bit quieter these days!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Its need to be a NON GTi or 16v or VR6 - no 2.0 8v gti etc

So anything upto 1.8v iirc

Ill get a pic up tomoz of a GTi/16v/VR6 so we know lol its a massive thing anyway lol

Ill also check the ball joint fits as it looks the ibiza has 'more' elongated holes for the ball joint a quick glance.

Gaz have you tried measure the actual flange (bit that presses into the bearing and the wheel bolts to) make sure thats not slightly bent or not pressed in enough? 240s alot for a lump of cast lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.