Ibiza cupra tdi boost problem

MiiTCH-AROSA

Hi there I have had some problems with my new cupra tdi. It has a intermittent boost problem I have replaced and checked all the dodgy connections and has no boost leaks but sometimes it makes a little whistle and stutters and goes into limp
Mode then the next minute it's really fast again any shed any light? Also I have had it plugged In and no fault codes

Thanks mitch

MiiTCH-AROSA

I will do there was crud all in the intercooler but the whistle noise is coming from underneath drivers side all the pipes are fine so frustrating been reading about the vnt sticking but mine boosts really hard one minute then the next it hesitates and goes into limp mode

MiiTCH-AROSA

I've thought that too but since refitting all the pipes the intercooler is now clean and there was no leaks when sprayed with a bottle of water and soap :( almost sounds as if the waste gate is open while its boosting

Last edited by a moderator:

MiiTCH-AROSA

Found this on the flexi would This cause lack of boost

EE482617-100A-4668-BD52-A53E938B6894-1376-0000009D96C33FA2.jpg

.Si.

Feb 14, 2012
sunny essex
that's the exhaust flexi..its got nothing to do with a boost leak.

check the seals on the lower boost pipe coming from the turbo...I found one that had a small nick in it which caused mine to whistle around 2k revs...£4 from tps ..prob solved

Last edited:

MiiTCH-AROSA

Ill have a look but it's intermittent sometimes its quick sometimes whistles and hardly any power and struggles to go though the revs

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members