passenger front wheel sticks out further than drivers!! help

Mk3 golf wish bone

Any from a 1.4 1.6 1.8 petrol and 1.9d 1.9Td

OEM number 1H0 407 151 (there not handed)

GSF part number is 422VG0110 about 18quid plus vat with club discount

They seem to use the same bushes and the ball joint fits

Comparing pics with the ibiza arm

Golf mk3 arm has the ball joint bolted on

20130403_092848_zpsc6471c4b.jpg

20130403_092902_zpsf4a534f6.jpg

20130403_092936_zps71bb7f2b.jpg

20130403_093032_zpseaf27914.jpg

This is the gti/16v/vr6 arm

20130403_093347_zpse686203c.jpg

20130403_093416_zpsc98b84c2.jpg

20130403_093355_zpsfb4020ff.jpg

Differences are the size, there sided and and the antil roll bar is a ball joint rod type that bolts to the brscket near the ball joint

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Amazing. Top man! Thanks for that.

I'm sure when people use the search function they can be filled with this useful info!

Out of interest, the mk3 non Gti hubs, are they the same as our Ibiza? As they should be cheaper than 240..if you can gsf them?
A list of cross compatible parts would be awesome as things like the mk3 golf are very common compared to these!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Is that including flange and bearing.

Was thinking from breakers a 1.4 hub is worth like 20 quid. Buy a new flange and bearing and cheap solution for a cupra!! Good way to avoid cupra tax

Last edited:

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
No flange or bearing i dont think

Thats very true never thought of that.

Wow they are expensive!! Much you selling flanges and bearings at gsf? I know the flange is about 90 at the dealer and bout 45 for the wheel bearing kit.

I'm sure your familiar with the statement... Eh that's for a cupra is it? Eh.... 60 quid mate..
I was looking for a interior door handle a while back, phoned a local scrappy, found a cupra breaking... Guy was like, eh a tenner mate. I laughed. Went to the scrappy and got 2 from 1.4 Ibiza's, exactly the same, cost a fiver for 2!!! Same scrappy!!

Love the clueless!! Guy says to me one day... Wow was that expensive to turbo that? Must be rare that! ... I was like ermmmmm it comes out the factory turbo'd buddy.. They Sold thousands... Hahahaha

Last edited:

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
are 1.4 hubs actually the same? i have a pair coming off a mate off a g60 corrado i know these run 280mm discs as me and mate in work bought 2 sets from a company years back and were exactly the same.

alot of good info there on the widetrack stuff a few people will be going widetrack after reading this now haha

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Yeah they are the same gaz

Corrado should be the same to as like you say there 280mm setup

Ill defo be going widetrax when i can afford VT wishbone bushes :)

Ill check the Price on the bearings and flanges tomoZ

Going wide track is really just arms isn't it? I reckon that and a track rod flip kit would be a sweet setup,

Hmmm I have powerflex just now... Fancy the vt ones tho...

Anyone found more info on the ball joint extenders?

Ive just got my ball joiny extenders and my track rod flip kit today and dropped my hubs offto be machined :D

Top mounts should be here tomoz

Then its juat wide tracking that needs doing

Out handles a fully my mates type r with all the camber arms etc on atm :)

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Oh BIG difference in powerflex to VT i had powerflex for a week and swopped to VT :)

I'm over a year with powerflex now.

Which ball joint extenders and flip kit did you go with? Pics? I'm dying to do this but I don't want it snapping and me killing some poor old wife on the pavement haha

Got to let me know how it goes!

May 25, 2008
cambs
I'm interested in what gains there are to this without causing extra under steer
As the front track as standard is wider than the rear

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
I'm interested in what gains there are to this without causing extra under steer
As the front track as standard is wider than the rear

Do you not mean over steer?
The front with a wider track will hold better, causing the first point of slip to more likely be the rear (oversteer).

The narrowing of the front, or widening of the rear will push the balance more neutral.

On the road these naturally oversteer as its narrower at the rear. Match the widths an you have under steer. Front engine fwd! Improve the bushes and suspension etc and you can make the front hold longer leaving the rear to let go first... Over steer. It's an ever changing battle but given time and experience driving the thing you can dial it to pretty much however you want it... Personally I prefer the rear to come loose first... It's more fun being able to adjust lines on the throttle without worrying about under steer!

Therefore what chambers runs (plus wide track) should be a very well planted front with an adjustable but still well planted rear. Am I right?

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
So after swapping the hub for a spare I have that had a dead bearing in there I can say now that I no longer have 1 wheel sticking out further than the other :), the tyre now sits well under the stock arch just like the drivers side and I no longer will run the flared arches just going to roll these ones a tad to get it sitting nice and be able to throw my track wheels on with no issue as the tyres ar 50 profile and will sit under the arch.

Massive thanks to those who replied on here I can now concentrate on other areas of the car and get it painted, only issues I have now is to decide wether to run Perspex windows or run manual winders? Lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.