New tyres Rainsport 2 this time.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Tyre time again for the fronts after my tracking got wrecked by a pot hole hit and shreaded the inside edge of my Pzero's :(

I really wanted to try Rainsport 2 's this time. I tried the tyre shop at the end of my road but they could not get them. I also tried STS but the same story. :(

In the end i bought 4 from Camskill at £75 ea delivered and had 2 fitted on the front at the local shop.

I will replace the backs prob next year as they still have some meat left.

I am hoping these will give better traction in the wet. ;)

Rainsport1.jpg

Rainsport2.jpg

Dobbyboy

Dec 27, 2012
Sunderland
Tyre time again for the fronts after my tracking got wrecked by a pot hole hit and shreaded the inside edge of my Pzero's :(

I really wanted to try Rainsport 2 's this time. I tried the tyre shop at the end of my road but they could not get them. I also tried STS but the same story. :(

In the end i bought 4 from Camskill at £75 ea delivered and had 2 fitted on the front at the local shop.

I will replace the backs prob next year as they still have some meat left.

I am hoping these will give better traction in the wet. ;)

Rainsport1.jpg

Rainsport2.jpg

Had the same bother with pot hole on mine. Just fitted x3 Falken ze914 Eco tyres from cams kill. Fantastic tyres at £61 inc delivery each, was tempted with the rain sport 2's tho.

Sjdickso

Apr 21, 2005
I always used Camskill but found it harder and harder for places that would fit tyres you provide without charging £20 a corner.

Rain sports are one I want to try next also.

Curtiz

Aug 24, 2011
Northern Ireland, Belfast
I bought Rainsport 2's for my FR when i first bought it. Replaced really done Accelera's and its nice to notice such a massive difference with just tyres. Nice looking tyre to :)

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
I always used Camskill but found it harder and harder for places that would fit tyres you provide without charging £20 a corner.

Rain sports are one I want to try next also.

Yeah this is what i found. Its £15 for fit, valve and balance but then £5 for getting rid of the old tyre. I dont think you can take them to the local dump anymore either. :(

I bite the bullet as i really wanted to give them a go and handed over £40. So 2 tyres fitted came to about £190 which aint really cheap.

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Rainsport 2's are a good tyre. Had a set on the cupra. As you would expect they are great in the rain, found they overheat and go off when on track in the dry though. All round good tyre.

Mar 25, 2009
bath
Rainsports are great tyres. But as said they aren't for track. Not that you mmentioned track. The tread just folds over and brakes off. As a road tyre though you really can't beat them for price/performance

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
What do you think so far? As I've just ordered 2 of these last night! :)

Ive only heard good comments over the past 3 years about these tyres. On here, Jaguar and Saab forums.
Everyone seems to agree (no surprises) that they are king in the wet. For me thats what iam after, a bit more grip pulling out on wet roundabouts etc. ;)

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Everyone seems to agree (no surprises) that they are king in the wet.

Not many manufactures will agree they are king in the wet as 'v' tread design does struggle to dissipate water and have now moved away from 'v' tread patterns for this reason, I don't think Conti (owners of Uniroyal) even made a 'v' tread pattern which does kind of indicate their thoughts. On the up side they used to have 9mm in the middle when new.

Pete.Cupra.R

I Need Speed
Jun 18, 2004
Kent
Just had 5 x Goodyear Eagle F1's fitted to my Cupra for £582 including wheel alignment. Seemed pretty fair price and I got a £40 fuel voucher thrown in ;)
Not sure how well they will last but I hear they're great in dry and wet conditions. I'll let you know in time :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.