Just Ordered The New Ibiza Cupra

CupraWill13

I dont want to hi-jack but I picked my new Cupra on Sunday in Nevada White, chopped in my 3 series M-Sport for it, just missed the charecter of Seat ! I was on here a few years back when I had my MK3 Ibiza..

I'm really impressed so far, puts a big grin on my face and the DSG is a great little box i'm sure you will massively enjoy it mate.

I'll get pics up over the weekend, needs a good clean first! I'm guessing best first mod is the ITG CAI?

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
I dont want to hi-jack but I picked my new Cupra on Sunday in Nevada White, chopped in my 3 series M-Sport for it, just missed the charecter of Seat ! I was on here a few years back when I had my MK3 Ibiza..

I'm really impressed so far, puts a big grin on my face and the DSG is a great little box i'm sure you will massively enjoy it mate.

I'll get pics up over the weekend, needs a good clean first! I'm guessing best first mod is the ITG CAI?

Again, pics or it never happened

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
F1 uses paddleshift to save time, if you save 1/10th of a second on every gear change that's a massive advantage gained. Supercars have paddleshift for the american market where they insist on autos, plus it's 'like an F1 car'. Normal cars have autos for emissions reduction and because 'it's like an F1 car'.

If you can't go fast go well. Where's the satifaction of knowing you nailed a gear change?

Absolute bollocks !!! And I design supercars for a living

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
For me the appeal of a dsg is, it's quicker, more efficient and latest technology always appeals to buyers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

i personally don't think i would like my boc if it was manual. the dsg box goes perfectly with the engine.

as for problems, other than having to fill my car with oil when i first got it, it's been perfect...touch wood

dan83

Finally got round to taking some pics:

car-side_zps57f4992e.jpg

car-front_zps9ce18fda.jpg

car-back_zps99e9cc84.jpg

I'd like to get rid of that exhaust and I think it's a bit too high. Not sure how the mods would work with the warranty tho so I will probably never bother to do it.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
That front end makes me so sad. Looks like a pre-fl bodykit.

Auto will bore you to tears in a 1.4 after a month or two. DSG is the worst thing to happen in the Cupra. Small engine needs manual.

Fingers crossed on no engine problems for you though.

dan83

Ye I don't think my photo's do it any justice but I know what u mean. I'm actually enjoying the DSG gearbox, gear changes are quite fun with the paddles.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
I prefer the other Cupra wheels, they look like the wrong ones for he car.

This shape does look a lot better in the flesh though, I've seen a few FR's and thought they look very nice.

Does need more aggregation on the front end though

TDI ste

Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Manchester
Ye I don't think my photo's do it any justice but I know what u mean. I'm actually enjoying the DSG gearbox, gear changes are quite fun with the paddles.

Nice ride Dude, I think your front end photo is a funny angle and thats why it looks abit wierd.... I have the Facelift FR and imo Facelifts are much better looking than the pre-facelifts.

On the debate about DSG and Manual boxes though Im manual all the way as I feel more involved in a manual, DSG arent too bad though.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire

If you can drive it a lot using them that's cool - but in mine I had to rev it to have any fun, and when I rev'd it I was always scared because of misfires lol. Also being a 1.4 the top end felt really weak - it always felt as though it was going from a gear that was running out of poke to a gear that was running out of poke.

They're nice cars - I loved mine, but it bored me and scared in under a year lol - fingers crossed yours is better tho!

Didn't want auto in the BM but took it - had a lot of fun driving that with paddles lately.