Seat Coventry, thumbs up, Seat Leicester, thumbs down

Benofthewoods

Last Wednesday i took my recently purchased Leon to Leicester to have the radio decoded.
I was served by a man called Anthony.
If anyone knows or meets Anthony then you should know this, he is a LIAR.
I asked him to put a new battery in my key fob and to decode the radio.
The vehicle was taken out back and in the mean time he came to me and said:
"Its not the battery, you need a new remote key at a price of £70+"
I said no thanks. The vehicle was then brought back around to the front and i was told that they couldn't decode the radio because the internet connection was down.
He took my phone number and promised to call me back in when it could be sorted.

Needless to say he hasn't called back yet, so i can only assume that Seat Leicester has had no internet connection since last Wednesday.
This morning I called Seat Coventry and got booked in for the same thing.
They decoded the radio, replaced the battery in the key AND washed and hovered the vehicle whilst i waited.
It all cost £22.81 inc and the remote central locking works perfectly, whist i have no way of disproving anything else that Anthony said it is clear to me that he was trying to sell me a key that i didn't need.
I will never go back to Seat Leicester - its Coventry all the way.

bx

Benofthewoods

So I voiced my concerns directly to Marshall, the company that runs Seat Leicester.
To their credit they investigated my allegation and called me, they told me that Anthony had tried a new battery and that it hadn't resolved the problem and that their Internet connection issues on that day appeared to be genuine. They were very apologetic and knowing that I was due a major service on the vehicle they offered to do it at a discounted rate. I declined their offer as I've already got it sorted but I accepted their apology and I would like to retract my statement that he is a liar, it's a very strong allegation but as we all know this is often the nature of business and it is something that really annoys me as I would never do such a thing to one of my own customers. Also one never likes to think that they have been taken for a fool. However I do not want this to be a personal grudge, Anthony is probably a very nice man and I take back my comment.

Bx

Scottmf

Jul 10, 2010
Leicester
same with me mate i agree with eerything about leicster and anthony was the man who i dealt with leicester seat is a waste of time! all liars and was not bothered if my car got sorted or not

SilverFiRe

Jul 5, 2011
East Midlands
I too have negative feedback on the Leicester branch...

Bought my Leon 2nd hand from them back in March, when i went to pick it up I checked to see if the service book had been stamped as they had agreed to service it as part of the deal.

The stamp wasn't there, so i questioned it and it turns out that when the salesman had stated a "Full Cambelt Service" (i'd agreed a cambelt change as part of the deal too) the mechanic understood that as "Cambelt Change only".
Anyway, they admitted their mistake, apologised and asked that if i could wait for an hour or so, they'd have it serviced for me. So i wandered off for an hour or so and returned to find it ready for me to drive away.

Now tell me if i'm wrong, but any service whether it be major or minor in my mind, should always include an oil change right?

I changed the oil today because i when i've checked it, it has seemed very black to me considering the garage should have changed it on the service. I don't over-rev the car or drive it like a loon at all, I can be "spirited" every now (who isn't?) and then but nothing that would damage the engine. So i was a little horrified to find how black and dirty the oil was once i'd drained it along with the fact that there were several little chunks of metal in there! And when i say several, i mean more than 4 months worth of driving - which would probably mean the engine has been going for 12k miles on the same oil!!

Not happy [:@] But i've got some fresh Castrol Edge in there now, a new filter and a Magnetic sump plug (thanks Awesome)...funnily enough, those black puffs of exhaust smoke i was getting at peak torque seem to have disappeared... :think:

I too will be avoiding that garage.

SilverFiRe

Jul 5, 2011
East Midlands
Have just called the mechanic I use to see how the work he's doing on the FR is going.

One of the bits he's doing is changing the front wheel bearings, however he's just told me that whoever changed the front brakes last didn't tell me that they'd f*cked the thread up on one of the caliper mounting bolts in the process.... that'll be SEAT Leicester again then!

Thankfully my mechanic is going to sort it out for me, I'm just wondering what else Marshall SEAT Leicester haven't told me...

Benofthewoods

It just goes to show, main dealer isnt necessarily the way to ensure the best condition of your vehicle, especially if you have an older car. The most important thing, aside from using quality parts is having a mechanic that actually cares. Thats why I try to do most things myself if i have time. If i dont have time, i have discovered a great mechanic in Gilmorton, south Leic for those above who have had trouble at Leic Seat, Its called Lodge motors, on the same site as Tidy Transporters, I discovered him through my other vehicle being a T4. He seems to be an entirely trustworthy and decent bloke who really knows his VAG vehicles. He obviously cares about his customers and their cars as his future business is dependent on customer satisfaction. Unlike an employee at a big company who doesnt care and only has to avoid being blamed for something in order to keep their job.

TH92MAS

Thomas
Feb 5, 2013
Nuneaton, Warks
I know this is an old thread but I too have used Listers Coventry and have to say its one of the better dealerships. Had an issue with a spot of rust on my drivers door pillar,(car is a 2004 ibiza cupra) and it was sorted straight away. Adam Deakin (Workshop Controller) and Terry the Warranty Administrator sorted it out, no questions asked, no hassle.

danw

Have to add. I have had 3 cars from listers Coventry now, and on the whole they have always been very helpful, polite and efficient. Fingers crossed it continues that way.
I'm sure they aren't perfect, not many dealers are. But on the whole pretty good.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
after my spark plug fell into the engine and slough seat told me they found it in the engine bay, replaced the plugs and it was all good to go, I took mine to my local seat in Coventry and they replaced the engine without question understanding my issues exactly.

James is a top guy and having owned a bocanegra i got to know him and the warranty department well.

Bickerton

Mar 4, 2012
I watched seat coventry scrape snow of brand new cars with a grubby mop and a wet floor sign :)

Parts man was very nice though.

They also however have currently denied my valid paint claim.

Such mixed feelings.

Last edited:

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
I've pretty mixed feelings towards them also. Sales guy Nathan - great bloke. Couldn't do enough for us. I think he went above and beyond. However my new mk3 has been back in to have a bumper damaged during transit replaced. When I collected it the bumper had obviously been worked. The quality of the work was questionable to the point where lawyer had been applied over a scratch without repaint. It's going to have to go back in again now. I've demanded a replacement bumper this time - as I was expecting the first time. The car also has a mismatched headrest that sadly can't be replace without the whole seat being changed out. The quality side needs looking into definatley. Staff are really helpful with issues but fact of the matter is most of the issue are avoidable. If I owned that dealer I be looking to mitigate customer issues rather than fire fighting them.

ecoleon

Hey Guys, looking to do a service for my 61 plate ecomotive. It was purchased from Seat Leicester, but my last experience suggest that there are a few clowns working in the service area. Is it safe to say that the coventry dealer is more reliable? Also, any other dealers close by that are cheaper?

thanks,

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members