Seat Leon 1M 1.4S - One of the lesser powered Leon's on here

MikeyTomo

Jan 12, 2013
Middlesbrough
Passed my driving test on the 1st of October last year and managed to pick up my Leon around a fortnight afterwards. This was at the bargain price of £600 with it only needing a rear tyre and the gears were pretty stiff. Had plenty of mileage (134,000 :whistle: ) but is running very well with anything that could go wrong being replaced in the previous six months. Also came with the angel eye headlights, drug dealer windows and colour coded bumpers. So with the first modification of a new rear tyre being completed, I then moved on to better things. Also looking for some alloy wheels in the north eastern area I can pick up?

Current mods (in order):

Angel eye headlights
Drug dealer tints
Colour coded bumpers
Cupra splitter
Sportex exhaust (too big, getting changed soon)
Induction kit (complete with cold air feed)
Tailored mats
Flye eyes kit

Future mods:

Alloy wheels
Lowering
Possible black roof and mirrors
Wind deflectors

Photobucket seems to have took the quality out of the photo's which is a shame but anywho,

IMG_94352_zps2bea77ba.jpg

IMG_94372_zpsc73bbd79.jpg

MikeyTomo

Jan 12, 2013
Middlesbrough
Just got a really good deal on a set of RS6 reps with 6 new tyres and a set of coilovers for £200. Given me a dilemma, what colour to have the alloys? Anthracite or same colour as the car? If I was to go anthracite it would be the lighter shade, any pics would be a great help!

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Ahhh I remember my first 1.4 Leon, happy days they were. Tidy motor and for 600 quid how bad, bargain, my exhaust cost more than that lol.

Best of luck with her.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

MikeyTomo

Jan 12, 2013
Middlesbrough
Ahhh I remember my first 1.4 Leon, happy days they were. Tidy motor and for 600 quid how bad, bargain, my exhaust cost more than that lol.

Best of luck with her.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks a lot mate! Hope to be following in your footsteps in years to come haha.

Update on the alloys: Wheels are now in the body shop getting sprayed. Decided to settle on a Mercedes Graphite as it has the darkness but a nice metallic colour in the light.

Mikey

MikeyTomo

Jan 12, 2013
Middlesbrough
Just looking for a little information if anyone could spare their time. Basically I'm going to be putting my coilovers on tomorrow, bought second hand and can not find anywhere on the net how much they lower (TA Technix if anyone could help). Is there a way I could tell how much they have lowered? Also, how much does a car 'settle' on average? Just to avoid lowering then having to raise afterwards because it has settled too low.

MikeyTomo

Jan 12, 2013
Middlesbrough
Update:

Car now has a nice set of tailored mats. Also managed to pick up some RS6 alloys and coilovers with six tyres for £200! Got them sprayed up a graphite grey colour and put them on.

8E667DE2-F7AC-4156-BED9-6AA77C479B37-8974-000007E0FC24C04C_zps30e892a4.jpg

As you can see it looked like it was on stilts with these wheels on but it was late and way too cold to put the coilovers on. So after a few weeks of snow and dark nights out the way I got the coilovers put on.

CA5B4FAA-D5A1-40B0-8F07-05A468CCC821-8974-000007D80DBC444C_zps3ea9931a.jpg

EDE47974-AF1D-4CEE-9850-E2B8528D7203-8974-000007D81B783285_zpsa2b42c27.jpg

So the car is now how I wanted it, all done when my SEAT centre caps arrive. Unsure as to what to do next if anyone could throw some ideas my way? Looks like I'm going to be saving for my next car from now!

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
I have a 1.4 aswell and bloody love it! great upgrade from my saxo.

get a de-badged grill maybe? Stubby aerial, aero wipers?

Interested in seeing the induction kit mate, fancy popping some pics up? Coz the 1.4 16v airfilter set up is different from the rest.

MikeyTomo

Jan 12, 2013
Middlesbrough
I have a 1.4 aswell and bloody love it! great upgrade from my saxo.

get a de-badged grill maybe? Stubby aerial, aero wipers?

Interested in seeing the induction kit mate, fancy popping some pics up? Coz the 1.4 16v airfilter set up is different from the rest.

That reminds me I still need to fit a fabia wiper!

Yeah not a problem, I'll get one up tomorrow. It basically comes up off the throttle body and sits behind the battery with a cold air feed.

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
nice leon mate, im from thornaby so ill have a watch out for you ;), i drive a onvi yellow seat leon fr.... you'll know it when you see it not many yellow ones in the area :lol: your cars looking nice

MikeyTomo

Jan 12, 2013
Middlesbrough
nice leon mate, im from thornaby so ill have a watch out for you ;), i drive a onvi yellow seat leon fr.... you'll know it when you see it not many yellow ones in the area :lol: your cars looking nice

Didn't even know there was another Leon in Thornaby haha. Is yours the pre-facelift I have seen around? Thanks a lot mate, appreciate it :D

Oh and do you ever go down to the Teesside Park Wednesday meet?

Last edited:

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
most probably :lol:, it looks like a LCR, mine is the fr+ comes with the full LCR bodykit, you will probably know it by the carbon wrapped rear seat badge and the red c-g motorsport sticker in the bottom left hand coner of the rear window also the wind deflectors, only one around thornaby any way so if youve seen a yellow one then yeh its me lol, theres another TDI fr in thornaby i only know this as i was behind him today lol though not sure if hes a member on here or not but it had a nice set of wheels on it with the normal fr front bumper, and if you see another leon around yellow with a black roof thats not me :lol: theres one about here though i think it could be the same engine size as yours.

MikeyTomo

Jan 12, 2013
Middlesbrough
Yeah it was the one with the black roof I seen, not my cuppa tea as they say. Just looked at your other posts and seen your Leon, I must say you've got yourself something special! I was at a meet on Sunday in Peterlee that had a fair few Leon's, don't know if yours was there? Looks so clean and the colour is so vibrant for an onvi! One day I'll have one haha.

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
That reminds me I still need to fit a fabia wiper!

Yeah not a problem, I'll get one up tomorrow. It basically comes up off the throttle body and sits behind the battery with a cold air feed.

That would be great cheers mate. What induction kit you got? Also wana know does it make much sound? (i just love to sound haha)

Carl_PTFR

Mar 26, 2013
Teeside - Thornaby
hi buddy sorry for not getting back to you ive been hectic, the one with the black roof i think an oldish guy drives it ive seen him about a few times he seems to flash me every time he see's me :lol:, i wasnt at peterlee no mate, and as for teeside park meets on a wednesday i dont go to them as of such at the moment though i may start to go depending if its not just just idiots driving little silly chaved up clios as i know it used to be that way :lol:, ill be keeping a look out for you if i do go and also if your there of course

MikeyTomo

Jan 12, 2013
Middlesbrough
That would be great cheers mate. What induction kit you got? Also wana know does it make much sound? (i just love to sound haha)

Sorry I haven't been back sooner but I've had a lot of work my way. Got the picture you asked for buddy.

075C86FC-AE42-4AC0-9190-81362FBEF9BB-14220-00000BD451A0ED71_zps845cd465.jpg

Makes a hell of a sucking noise on slamming the accelerator down and at around 5000rpm the engine note changes dramatically and sounds like a VTEC haha.

Also does anyone have any tips on how I should mount the cold air feed? Currently it's aimed to 'wrap' the air around it with majority going through the hole in the front of it.

Teesside Park has changed since those days haha, used to go down there with my brother in his 'chavved up' corsa b (it was in fashion in those days however with Fast and Furious and Need for Speed!). There's a lot more, classier cars there now. A few ST's, beemers, golf's, a Cupra R and few other nice tasteful cars.

Last edited:

MikeyTomo

Jan 12, 2013
Middlesbrough
Yeah it's pretty similar. Like the black alloys with the bump strips!

Just a quick update, bought 1.5m of carbon wrap for £4.50 off Amazon to tidy up my tatty door pillars, here's the result:

7535B2E1-6432-464B-9D96-F93D7067F69F-17018-00000ED295EEA942_zps98f1e533.jpg

0D64CDB9-A589-46F0-829F-5BFF729450F7-17018-00000ED28D9ED9E4_zpsd5dac97a.jpg

One with the flash to see the pattern better
B21109A9-4292-4B00-9D68-01AE0EF07FA2-17018-00000ED2A20A22D7_zpsf0090b74.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members