seat leon fr mk2 2.0 tsi or tdi 170?

jammydodgerJW

We all know I absolutely LOVE my current diesel...
but as mentioned above, it takes a good few miles to warm up and get to good MPGs.

If I were to do your drive with my old TFSI FR DSG, I would probably see about 30mpg vs the 43 I see now. So no...not worth it...go petrol mate. All day long.

Once you start seeing daily trips of 20 miles at least, then consider diesel.

Cheers for feedback mate glad to see someone whos got diesel but is still totally honest about my situation

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Can you link me to all of these DPF problem threads with the CR engine? I've not seen one yet........................

Indeed...

There has been quite a bit of anecdotal "seen my DPF light come on for the first time today" posts. But that by no means entails that the DPF is malfunctioning.
If anything, it's a good sign that the system works as it should.

however:
http://www.dpfissues.co.uk/
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuels-and-environment/diesel-particulate-filters.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/10/diesel_particulate_filters.html

and there are "DPF issues" threads on forums for almost every major car brand. However...most of these are along the lines of "Should I buy one" or "have you ever seen issues".

Scaremongering is what it is...

The only reason I got rid of mine is because I'm running a much higher power and bigger build-up of particles...leading almost inevitably to a blocked filter EVENTUALLY... (could be flippin years)

steroidchris

Feb 14, 2011
Brierley Hill
The 3 mile I do though is a 70mph dial carriageway where I generally always floor it, do the latter models still have dpf because they are just listed as seat leon fr tdi cr instead of the older less eco model beinglistesd as seat leon fr tdi dpf.

Thanks

Ok, you don't tend to get so good mpg on short trips with a diesel but what sort of mpg are you going to get out of the petrol turbo booting it up a dual track for 3 mile? Not good, I'll tell you that for nothing. Your 40 mile friday journey will be better suited to a diesel.
Add the extra tax and insurance costs of the petrol as well.
Just my 2 pennies worth.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

jammydodgerJW

Actually the insurance is coming out more expensive on the diesel im 22 and peteol is 620 for year and diesel 680 havent a clue why
But thanks for ypur opinipn anyway
Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Can you link me to all of these DPF problem threads with the CR engine? I've not seen one yet........................

I agree all the threads are for PD170!

But if your doing 3 miles a day get Diesel!

Mind you i do 12 miles a day, i swapped my FR TDI Stage2+ for a LCR Stage2+ because i didnt warrant running a TDI.. and the LCR costs me atleast 2x as much in fuel :cartman:

jammydodgerJW

I agree all the threads are for PD170!

But if your doing 3 miles a day get Diesel!

Mind you i do 12 miles a day, i swapped my FR TDI Stage2+ for a LCR Stage2+ because i didnt warrant running a TDI.. and the LCR costs me atleast 2x as much in fuel :cartman:

So is there a difference with the cr170 compared to pd170?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yes alot

The PD170 was designed without a DPF, then they decided to bolt a DPF onto it, PD is punchy

The CR170 was designed (Like all other CR engines) with a DPF on it so it works properly, CR is smooth

jammydodgerJW

Yes alot

The PD170 was designed without a DPF, then they decided to bolt a DPF onto it, PD is punchy

The CR170 was designed (Like all other CR engines) with a DPF on it so it works properly, CR is smooth

Cheers for info

Though at moment I pick up the tsi on sunday unless someone dramatically changes my mind by then lol

jammydodgerJW

That's MR Dirty Diesel to you...until you're faster than me

Lol so this is interesting is a mapped cr170 faster than a tsi211? Book shows you at 8.2 0-60 with manual and 8 with dsg yet tsi is 6.7? Even with your map surely your not getting anymore than low 7s

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Lol so this is interesting is a mapped cr170 faster than a tsi211? Book shows you at 8.2 0-60 with manual and 8 with dsg yet tsi is 6.7? Even with your map surely your not getting anymore than low 7s

It's not all about the 0-60 ;) haha

But you do pose an interesting question. I've asked in another thread and the final outcome was that it would need to be tested.
I got some apps on my phone to do so, but can't think of a private road to do it on.
Got some family with some land here so might see what they've got in the way of a strip

jammydodgerJW

It's not all about the 0-60 ;) haha

But you do pose an interesting question. I've asked in another thread and the final outcome was that it would need to be tested.
I got some apps on my phone to do so, but can't think of a private road to do it on.
Got some family with some land here so might see what they've got in the way of a strip

Where are you from? Im sure we could sort out a meet and put it to test for real ;)

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Where are you from? Im sure we could sort out a meet and put it to test for real ;)

An invitation to endanger my life and that of others for a bout of "my willy is larger than yours"? ....no thanks :) I concede defeat. You're bigger.

Last edited:

jammydodgerJW

An invitation to endanger my life and that of others for a bout of "my willy is larger than yours"? ....no thanks :) I concede defeat. You're bigger.

What? You wa the one that said you might know someone with a private road:s

Further more doing o-60 isnt endangering anyone after all thr national speed limit is 70 for a reason.. because the government think its safe enough to do so...

It would be purely to see how a 210+ fr diesel would do against a 210+ tr tsi 0-60
JEEZE

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
What? You wa the one that said you might know someone with a private road:s

Further more doing o-60 isnt endangering anyone after all thr national speed limit is 70 for a reason.. because the government think its safe enough to do so...

It would be purely to see how a 210+ fr diesel would do against a 210+ tr tsi 0-60
JEEZE

Wasn't meant to be a digg mate. I'm just not comfortable with it. You're absolutely right about the 0-60 being legal.

Personal pref :) I'll see if I can get that Dynolicious run on that private road for you.
To be honest I find it hard to pull off the line with this much torque without spinning or bouncing.
I probably need a good few mods yet to the handling/mounts before I can set good 0-60s.

332ft:lb torque on a FWD is quite a lot no matter how you look at it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.