James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
you should run water meth.... Keeps it super consistent.
You have everything else bar this superb addition

Always been a bit nervous about an invisibly burning fluid just sitting in the boot... but needs must :)

I can't believe you not running Wmi it makes such a difference as well not to mention the flames it makes :) get it fitted when the cams go in

It's been running fine without the meth, no doubt that meth would bring benefits, it's probs going in at same time as cams.

Looks like you're getting peer pressured into getting WMI :)

haha, looks like it's working

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Always been a bit nervous about an invisibly burning fluid just sitting in the boot... but needs must :)

It's been running fine without the meth, no doubt that meth would bring benefits, it's probs going in at same time as cams.

haha, looks like it's working
Just run the meth at 30 %, i do with no fire risks. I also use the standard washer tank which is safer and considering it isn't anymore concentrated than screen wash will do your paint no harm. I'm soon to be running a 5 liter washer bottle which will out last a tank of petrol.

What egt's are you running.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Just run the meth at 30 %, i do with no fire risks. I also use the standard washer tank which is safer and considering it isn't anymore concentrated than screen wash will do your paint no harm. I'm soon to be running a 5 liter washer bottle which will out last a tank of petrol.

I'd prefer it's own tank probably to be honest, will start at 30% meth and see how I get on. Is there any info out there about what concentrations of meth provide benefit with over others. IE what temp reduction was seen @ 30%, 40% 50% etc

What egt's are you running.

Bill?

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I'd prefer it's own tank probably to be honest, will start at 30% meth and see how I get on. Is there any info out there about what concentrations of meth provide benefit with over others. IE what temp reduction was seen @ 30%, 40% 50% etc

Bill?
Water brings cooling and meth brings octane. I've experimented and seen no real gain going anymore concetrated than 30% meth to water. To me the only advantage putting the kit in the boot is the lack of corrosion the pump will experience.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Meth

Well I took the plunge and have ordered a Water Methanol Injection kit, I went for the devilsown kit with :

DVC-30 Progressive Kit
4 Quarts Tank
Self Sealing Float Switch
Solenoid Upgrade
Alloy weld-on boss

came to just under £400 delivered without any watermeth, will try and get all the hard bits installed this weekend like routing it through all the trim etc. It will be my first experiance with watermeth so hopefully it will be a good one. From what I read it only provides benefits if installed and tuned correctly.