passenger front wheel sticks out further than drivers!! help

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
Haha still unsure what to do window wise but its not a daily anyway so may go and get them anyway don't know how I'd cope on a long drive lol

Not running vt bushes yet im running power flex bushes in there but don't think much of them so far could have been down to the hub and not cornering tidy but I will swap to vt ones soon but ill get the rear beam ones at the same time.

I werent to inpressed with PF werent a big enough improvement so went VT just hoping i can cut mine out my wishbone to press amd reweld back in the golf 3 arms

Oh on the compbrake top mounts do you have to use the OE top bearing? Dont suppose you got a pic of it all fitted so im not fitting them Blind lol

Do you not mean over steer?
The front with a wider track will hold better, causing the first point of slip to more likely be the rear (oversteer).

The narrowing of the front, or widening of the rear will push the balance more neutral.

On the road these naturally oversteer as its narrower at the rear. Match the widths an you have under steer. Front engine fwd! Improve the bushes and suspension etc and you can make the front hold longer leaving the rear to let go first... Over steer. It's an ever changing battle but given time and experience driving the thing you can dial it to pretty much however you want it... Personally I prefer the rear to come loose first... It's more fun being able to adjust lines on the throttle without worrying about under steer!

Therefore what chambers runs (plus wide track) should be a very well planted front with an adjustable but still well planted rear. Am I right?

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Sorry mate missed this post aswell lol

Would agree with here yeah. I run 20mm spacers at the rear with my front setup which was causing understeer if accelerating through or out of a corner/roundabout (diffs helped loads tho) so hoping widetrack will balance it all out nicely.

As the track rod flip bushes and ball joint extenders i got them off ebay :) i can post item numbers bit later

Trail fitted a mk3 golf arm. All fitted ok. The inch wider arm seems to make a big bit of difference.

Course track rod needs adjusting

2013-04-15225159_zpsfd7cc42a.png

Everything else seemed good.

Dont think ill be running them till im back from the ring.

As i run AP bells and rotors which are 10mm wide and have a spacer to make the hub longer im gunna need some arch work

20130415_181558_zps428987e4.jpg

2013-04-15224802_zpsc8e17f69.png

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Is there enough thread on the rod to adjust that far both sides? I can't remember how far I screwed mine in! Maybe need a mk3 golf track rod with an Ibiza end on it? Or just full mk3 rod and ends?

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
got a pic of the angle of the balljoint? or not built up enough for that?

had another thought... are the shafts long enough? would need to check at the longest point, i.e arm horizontal.

if its all good and awsome then id prob jus swap mine out.. id like the wider track!! stick some vt bushes in at the same time.

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
these ibiza's run 2 different size track rod ends i bought a pair from tps and they were too long so had to send them back and they came and were 1/2 inch shorter maybe thats a thought?

chambers where do you work must be motor factors surely lol

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
True, now, I run the one stamped 'A' from the dealer. Now is this the long or the short?
Chambers do you run the short or long end?

Last edited: