Forced regen

Petecog79

May 11, 2012
Is a forced regen safe im getting it done in.morn at seat dealer under warranty, was showing 69% full cr tdi 170

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Btw, if you're still using Bristol street then you're mad - get it over to Jennings in Middlesbrough. (Providing you're based where I think you are)

Deleted member 74601

Is a forced regen safe im getting it done in.morn at seat dealer under warranty, was showing 69% full cr tdi 170

[sarcasm]No, it's not safe, the SEAT dealer is trying to blow up your car.[/sarcasm]

Do you really think they'd do a procedure that was not safe?

Last edited by a moderator:

Petecog79

May 11, 2012
Heard some reports of turbo probs, to be honest I dont trust any main dealer,unfortunatley my car only has dealer warranty not seat one,

LeonES

Jun 7, 2011
Are all seat dealers shite in county durham!

No definitely not, Pulman SEAT at Southwick, Sunderland have been absolutely brilliant with me, especially Lee on the service desk, can't rate them highly enough.

Deleted member 74601

Sounds like you've got a few decent ones.

Tell one of them to up sticks and move down here. All North West dealers are as useful as whale sperm.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I say so far, I hope I can still say the same by the time I'm done with them!

Jennings in Middlesbrough were also very good when my car went in. Mind you, I say very good, but what I really mean is they did what was expected of them. But in SEAT terms that's pretty unusual!

Petecog79

May 11, 2012
Beginning to wish id bought somethin else, only bought it as I was happy with my mk1!

Petecog79

May 11, 2012
Thanks for that, once regen is done I will b making sure its regen completes every time, wife doesnt understand!, would u recommend not getting forced regen, if after this it plays up its coming off

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Only if it shows up in the fault codes I guess. That's how they work. They would hope that by doing a forced regenerations that would clear out the DPF so you won't have any more issues

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
No definitely not, Pulman SEAT at Southwick, Sunderland have been absolutely brilliant with me, especially Lee on the service desk, can't rate them highly enough.

Have to disagree. I will never go back there. Service is shite.

Petecog79

May 11, 2012
Got car back with a dpf reading of 0.4%, ash content of 60%, assured.all is well as the ash content is measured up to 175%, so its quater full, is this correct, also I was advised by the seat mastertech that, regens only actually work when u have at least a quater to over half full tank, something that isnt mentioned in the literature!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise