Jenk's mk4 Ibiza Soot machine! (Time to bid farewell)

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
JOM's now fitted and set too low :doh: will raise it to a sensible height when I have time.

Although these are cheap cheap coilovers, the ride is so much better than the H&R's ever were. New top mounts and ARB bushes have also stopped all the nasty noises, car feels so much better. Just an ARB drop link to sort thats a little sloppy.

As I've spent on it and I'm sticking to the motorways for my commute, I'll be keeping it a little while longer. I would love another, comfortable, more modern car but at the moment this thing is doing its job..................I'm touching wood here :happy:

Chris3boro

Ibiza TDI 130 Sport
Jan 26, 2008
Richmond, North Yorkshire
Just got JOMs on mine too, much less crashy than standard and handles loads better too, great kit and for the price its unreal! New top mounts and drop links too which keeps it all fresh!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
JOM's are shockingly great aren't they Luke? I was impressed with them on the Bora, as it was on lowest setting, and still drove quite well :D

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Yeah, they are really good for the cash. No doubting a set of KW's would be a few steps above but for the spondoola, they're decent.

I've got a set of 16 inch Bora wheels to fit once I've got 2 tyres, fancied something with a bit of side wall to improve comfort. Might trial fit them over the christmas break.

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Failed the MOT yesterday :(

O/S hand brake not playing ball. Thought it would be just a case of cleaning the slides etc. as usual but it appears the return spring in the hand brake mechanism is goosed. Had a look around on here and it seems common, so tomorrow I'm on the hunt for the additional external helper springs you can get from the dealer. Hoping this along with a spray and fiddle will sort it ready for the re-test, if not a new calliper is needed. Good job I booked tomorrow off work.

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
I've replaced a few odds and sods lately so hopefully I won't be doing a mad rush fix job for a short while.....touch wood.

The purple ones still in pieces in my mothers garage, much to her amusement. Should be getting it to my pad soon, when I'll either get back on it or break it. It wants a new abs control unit and I think an air flow meter to get through the MOT. Strangely had a message on my mobile to call a sgt from west midlands police about an incident involving a purple Ibiza at j10. From what I can make out (it's a very poor line) mine is one of only 2 on the system so they want to talk to me :blink: problem is I can't make out his number or his name, spent 10 mins on the phone with tally ho and Walsall station trying to work out who he is. I might have to repaint it if it can be tracked down so easily :happy:

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
car_photo_211753_7.jpg

Initially I was looking at them for the missus but I quite like them now :hide: Test drove a reasonably priced JTD at a dealer in Shrewsbury.....unfortunatly it was a right dog, sales man was very appologetic and agreed that it 'needed some work'.

Still not sure if it's worth me changing cars though.....

On a side note, I washed it the weekend. First time since October I think......wooops.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
JOM's now fitted and set too low :doh: will raise it to a sensible height when I have time.

Although these are cheap cheap coilovers, the ride is so much better than the H&R's ever were. New top mounts and ARB bushes have also stopped all the nasty noises, car feels so much better. Just an ARB drop link to sort thats a little sloppy.

As I've spent on it and I'm sticking to the motorways for my commute, I'll be keeping it a little while longer. I would love another, comfortable, more modern car but at the moment this thing is doing its job..................I'm touching wood here :happy:

Just got JOMs on mine too, much less crashy than standard and handles loads better too, great kit and for the price its unreal! New top mounts and drop links too which keeps it all fresh!

JOM's are shockingly great aren't they Luke? I was impressed with them on the Bora, as it was on lowest setting, and still drove quite well :D

Thinking of buying a set of JOM's.....Now that you guys have been running the JOM Coilovers for a few months now, how are the performing now?
Are they still performing well or showing signs of fatigue already??

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
car_photo_211753_7.jpg

Initially I was looking at them for the missus but I quite like them now :hide: Test drove a reasonably priced JTD at a dealer in Shrewsbury.....unfortunatly it was a right dog, sales man was very appologetic and agreed that it 'needed some work'.

Still not sure if it's worth me changing cars though.....

On a side note, I washed it the weekend. First time since October I think......wooops.

I like them too lol. Don't think I could buy one though. My dad had a 159 for a bit and when you went round tight corners, several warning lights would come on ha ha.

Changing cars myself at the moment, not entirely sure what I want yet....

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
JOM'S are doing fine, still can't knock them for the money really. If your after something cheap and half decent, then I'd recommend them.

I've had a little read into the GT and they seem a decent motor when fitted with the diesel engine. The 1.8 and 2.0 petrols seem to be useless though....but theres always the 3.2 V6 beauty if you don't want the devils fuel :)

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
After years of saying I'm selling this, I'm finally going to do it. Just a few little things to freshen up and its up for sale. I'll be pricing it keen, its on 140k, there's a few imperfections but its been a great car.....you can tell that for how long I've owned it. On to a Mondeo ST Tdci as a bit of a stop gap until I can figure out what I'm going to do, 1 nice car or a daily and a hooligan.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.