Opinions on Clutch and Flywheel Setup for 150 FR

Ash jacko

cupra all the way
Apr 10, 2012
burton-on-trent
Just done a solid fly wheel on mine yesterday and its horrible the bearings chattering like mad but it drives fine its a brand new guenuine bearing as well so I no that's not a problem. I'm putting the old flywheel back in which is sach and the new sach pressure plates one side is 6padel and the other is normal bit weird but its awsome to drive jut the noise.
Don't put solid flywheel on there rubbish

SpidaCZ

Aug 17, 2012
Czech Republic
www.seat-forum.cz
I have 202 bhp and 328 ft/lbs torque from ARL and the clutch was slipping right away after the software had been done. I changed the pressure plate for new one, since the old had 100K miles and mainly let the clutch plate be renewed with organic paneling material here from local company dealing with brakes and clutches. I think that Ferodo does the same. It is called HDS and used for heavy duty clutches in truck and cars. It is very popular solution here in Czech. We have one Tdi here running this setup with over 390 ft/lbs for long time.

p.s. Price for the organic paneling was 25 pouns with postage :)

Last edited:

Ash jacko

cupra all the way
Apr 10, 2012
burton-on-trent
Really that's awsome I've just wasted £300 on this one and its shocking and I brought it of a mate. Been robbed I wish I new I never needed to change the flywheel cuz I would have just brought the clutch alone and a new slave

SpidaCZ

Aug 17, 2012
Czech Republic
www.seat-forum.cz
Of course DMF gets punnished hard, but no slip at all. I have done 15K on this setup. DMF still quiet (110K miles in total) . If you want to see the Tdi cupra on this clutch setup, seek Tdifun on youtube - youtube.com/user/TDIfun

Last edited:

Bickerton

Mar 4, 2012
I have 202 bhp and 328 ft/lbs torque from ARL and the clutch was slipping right away after the software had been done. I changed the pressure plate for new one, since the old had 100K miles and mainly let the clutch plate be renewed with organic paneling material here from local company dealing with brakes and clutches. I think that Ferodo does the same. It is called HDS and used for heavy duty clutches in truck and cars. It is very popular solution here in Czech. We have one Tdi here running this setup with over 390 ft/lbs for long time.

p.s. Price for the organic paneling was 25 pouns with postage :)

So a company rebuilds the clutch with better material?

black150FR

soo what set up did you go for and did it work i got a 150 fr remaped to 200bhp and 410 nm and its started slipping so need to find a good set up ? [/FONT]

Nautilus

Dec 9, 2006
Bucharest, Romania
After clutch replacement 5600 kms ago, I've got an idea... but, first should ask more knowledgeable people:

To get top performance (best grip, longest life, no slipping, no galling, no glazing etc) from a given clutch, the clutch/flywheel combo should run cooler or hotter?

Thanks.

Nautilus

Dec 9, 2006
Bucharest, Romania
The shape of the clutch bell housing in 6-speed 1.8Ts, counting as well the fact it has two holes (lower hole for water egress and top hole for timing check) and the very small, 2-3mm free play between flywheel teeth and housing, is very similar to a rotary vane pump.

Checked in practice: removed rubber plug from the timing hole, let the engine turn while cold (fast idle), the pumping of the air outside through the timing hole can be felt by hand from 1200rpm upwards. Obviously, at 3000-5000rpm the pumping rate is far greater.

So the Leons which have the full plastic undertray (1.9TDI standard, other Leons by retrofit) to avoid the ingress of water, mud and dirt from road can run without rubber plug in timing hole, and therefore the flywheel sucks fresh air from below and pumps it upwards, cooling itself better.

With rubber plug in place, it churns the same air again and again and cooling is much slower.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.