Fuel cut/boost loss? Help

asquith_4

Fr -260
Feb 15, 2012
Hi guys still having the problem off fuel cutting or boost loss not sure what it is basically sometimes when underload in 4-5th gear the car is cutting all the power to around 40% just feels like no turbo after a few minutes it comes back to life
So far its had new cam follower, fuel filter, low pressure, fuel sensor and hpfp checked and still no effect
Its still throwing these codes up

00135 fuel rail/system too low p0087 lower limit reached intermittent

12555 low pressure fuel regulation fuel pressure outside specification p310b lower limit reached intermittent

Any help is much appriciated
Thanks

manhota

Apr 21, 2010
west mids wolves area
injector problem would be my guess, i had the same problem 4th 5th 6th gear at 4000rpm to 5500rpm at WOT boost would drop with a map on, took map off it was ok, put wynns injector cleaner in ran a week put the map back on all good no drops for the moment, i will be getting injectors replaced at some point if it returns.

possibly gunked up using tescos fuel since then i use esso or shell super.

Dec 21, 2005
London
Nice one manhota will give it some injector cleaner new fuel filter and some v power and see how it goes, had plannedto do put lcr rear diffuser and exhaust this week but need to sort this out first,, thanks pal

asquith_4

Fr -260
Feb 15, 2012
Yeah im running a stage 1 map mate! And yeh get the problem quite alot sometimes the boost drops off for a good few minutes before it returns
Its always normally at 80mph

asquith_4

Fr -260
Feb 15, 2012
No i havent that could maybe a good idea!
Its had nee cam follower, hpfp , low pressure fuel sensor and fuel filter so i can eliminate any of those!
A few people have said it could be the mapp itself?

asquith_4

Fr -260
Feb 15, 2012
Yeah its worth a try mate cause im struggling with it! Its throwing the fault codes up which are at top of thread you any ideas on those?
Cheers

murphya

My friend is really good with stuff like that
flyinsdiagnostics

he does all my diag

Dec 21, 2005
London
the map just brings the problem out I think as its boosting more. I read on another forum that it could be coil packs but I have had them go on me a few times and this feels different 1st and 2nd gear feel ok but when you hit high rpm in 3rd or put your foot down in 4th the engine kind of shakes and has loss of power I'm going to try changing the fuel filter then put some v power in along with a can of forte injector cleaner which is supposed to be the one for the job

Last edited:

manhota

Apr 21, 2010
west mids wolves area
the map just brings the problem out I think as its boosting more. I read on another forum that it could be coil packs but I have had them go on me a few times and this feels different 1st and 2nd gear feel ok but when you hit high rpm in 3rd or put your foot down in 4th the engine kind of shakes and has loss of power I'm going to try changing the fuel filter then put some v power in along with a can of forte injector cleaner which is supposed to be the one for the job

that is what sorted it out for me, somewhere there is a blockage with the fuel or its crap build up on a injector from cheap supermarket fuel, i used to use sainsburys super and tescos ultimate thats when the problem occurred for me, since i used injector cleaner and shell and esso fuel only it never came back.

Dec 21, 2005
London
Sounds about right as I have been using Sainsbury super fuel thinking it would be better but guess it's just super dirty lol

Dec 21, 2005
London
Tried the injector cleaner still no joy keeps throwing up code p0087 need someone with vagcom to find the fault

asquith_4

Fr -260
Feb 15, 2012
Im currently running v power through mine and a injector cleaner but still cutting i lost boost today for around 5mins! Does feel alot more responsive with decent fuel in! Going to stop using crap fuel from now either way
Ps still get same fault codes

vitocupra

Apr 6, 2015
Hi i´m search this fault code because have a Set leon cupra 2008 2.0Tfsi and i´m make mayor service and change time belt, water pump, camshaft, upgrade the hpfp and mapped in stage 2 but the car start well but you running more than 4000RPM in 2nd to 3rd the car chokes and don´t start more and give me this alarm P0087 lower limit reached intermittent is the only alarm i have no say more and don´t start more and the only way is reset the computer car to start again. what is the fault problem?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members