Rainwater gets into Engine Bay from Scuttle on my Leon FR

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Local seat dealer fitted new under bonnet felt, clips and seals. Very neat it looks too.
Quite shocked at how flat it sits to the bonnet compared to the saggy, moldy old one that was removed.

All done FOC too and they were very thankfull of the PDF TP info I sourced from this thread. The service manager has been trying to find it for a while since it isn't on his system.

Cheers chaps........

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
Glad to hear you managed to get it sorted. Keep an eye on it for any evidence of leaks or water coming out of the back of the Bonnet Strip when you open the bonnet, the SEAT solution doesn't have a very high success rate.

fa11ows

Leon FR TFSi
Feb 10, 2011
Derbyshire
Local seat dealer fitted new under bonnet felt, clips and seals. Very neat it looks too.
Quite shocked at how flat it sits to the bonnet compared to the saggy, moldy old one that was removed.

All done FOC too and they were very thankfull of the PDF TP info I sourced from this thread. The service manager has been trying to find it for a while since it isn't on his system.

Cheers chaps........

What PDF? Am I going blind? :blink:

Deleted member 74601

Anyone know how much new insulation is?

Mine's gone mouldy and I want to replace it myself.

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
well after 30 mins (discussion) at wakefield seat service dept they are ordering me a new bonnet liner on monday and they say they will call me when it to book in for fitting yippeeee. However i think i may have made some enemies there after info from this thread and a friend who works in the vag group office in leeds i clearly knew a lot more than the people who work at wakefield seat

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
Has anyone had this sorted recently. Mines still under warranty, 10 plate fr, went to Westgate seat in Grimsby last Friday as they wanted to "inspect" it & confirm the fault. blah blah blah, they had seen it before but there is no known fix. So I gave them the TPI number and they said that it didnt apply to my chassis number and they were unable to even find the TPI. after a quick chat to seat UK, Westgate then left me a message saying to call them back to arrange booking it in for a repair. So i rang up feeling slightly smug to which i was told the bonnet lining would not be replaced I told them i wasn't happy with this and spoke to seat uk again, the first person i spoke to confirmed the liner should be replaced, the second ( the same person i had spoken to on Friday) said there was no mention in any TPI of replacing the liner... after a bit of a chat he said he would call me back as he was sure replacing the liner was just normally done under good will.

Anyone got any points i can put into the argument if they still don't offer me a new liner. I'm not really fused about having a bonnet lining its more a fact i want one under principle now.

cheers

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
Assuming you have read the TPI, it states part of the repair is to replace the bonnet felt. If you haven't, there is a link to it on the 4th post on this page.

They may claim it has been withdrawn but they can't claim it never existed. It seems that everyone you have spoken to is giving you their own version of the current denial crap.

There is a fix for it, use a decent seal around the bonnet strip, not the rubbish that SEAT provide.

Ask them to show you a Leon (Mk2 obviously) on their forecourt that doesn't have a leaking bonnet.

Going off the posts in this thread, dealers and SEAT UK have given that many different stories, it's impossible to predict what they will do.

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
Has anyone had this sorted recently. Mines still under warranty, 10 plate fr, went to Westgate seat in Grimsby last Friday as they wanted to "inspect" it & confirm the fault. blah blah blah, they had seen it before but there is no known fix. So I gave them the TPI number and they said that it didnt apply to my chassis number and they were unable to even find the TPI. after a quick chat to seat UK, Westgate then left me a message saying to call them back to arrange booking it in for a repair. So i rang up feeling slightly smug to which i was told the bonnet lining would not be replaced I told them i wasn't happy with this and spoke to seat uk again, the first person i spoke to confirmed the liner should be replaced, the second ( the same person i had spoken to on Friday) said there was no mention in any TPI of replacing the liner... after a bit of a chat he said he would call me back as he was sure replacing the liner was just normally done under good will.

Anyone got any points i can put into the argument if they still don't offer me a new liner. I'm not really fused about having a bonnet lining its more a fact i want one under principle now.

cheers

hi Stefan
I had mine done 3weeks ago and its still nice and dry

have you tried phoning seat uk 0844 9800001

Last edited:

CyborgCupraJQ

Boca Inside*
Dec 28, 2010
Oporto, Portugal
I've also had this repair on my Leon.

When I shown this TPI they said it was really helpful to track down the issue but there was a newer version available, and they would proceed as per the new one.

They ordered the parts and called me like 1 week after to apply the fix

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
Yes I've read the tip and shown this to the dealer. They said they couldn't find it on there system.
Yes I've spoke to seat uk
Cuparjq, did you have the lining replaced aswell?

Heard back from seatuk just now. They will not be replacing the sound proofing and there is no mention of replacing the liner in the current tpi. So balls to em, there not having any more of my money now lol

ejr

Nov 12, 2012
Took my car to dealer today for its first service. When I picking the car up I was informed that they had ordered a new bonnet liner for my car under warranty as the one fitted was starting to go mouldy.
Funny how some dealers know about the problem and some don't:shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise