Rainwater gets into Engine Bay from Scuttle on my Leon FR

CyborgCupraJQ

Boca Inside*
Dec 28, 2010
Oporto, Portugal
Yes I've read the tip and shown this to the dealer. They said they couldn't find it on there system.
Yes I've spoke to seat uk
Cuparjq, did you have the lining replaced aswell?

Heard back from seatuk just now. They will not be replacing the sound proofing and there is no mention of replacing the liner in the current tpi. So balls to em, there not having any more of my money now lol

Yes they did replace the old one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
Yes I've read the tip and shown this to the dealer. They said they couldn't find it on there system.
Yes I've spoke to seat uk
Cuparjq, did you have the lining replaced aswell?

Heard back from seatuk just now. They will not be replacing the sound proofing and there is no mention of replacing the liner in the current tpi. So balls to em, there not having any more of my money now lol

its rediculas that some get changed no problem and some are refused when there is clearly a problem , my lining was replaced also

soche

Mar 2, 2008
Wimbledon
I have 2011 Leon mk2 FR TSI so its in warranty.

I called my dealer (City Seat Basingstoke) and they said they dont see any TPI or bulletin outstanding on my chassis and when they checked manually there was nothing. They have only been around 2 yrs (their sales dept are rubbish!) and they have never heard of a fix for this.

I called Seat UK (thanks for the number above!) who were very helpful (Chloe). They didnt see an outstanding TPI on my chassis but said there was a foreign TPI for this not generally released in the UK which is why the TPI number above is not showing. They ask me to book in to the garage who need to raise a technical query, explain the problem with photos etc. The TPI would be released to them this way. She inferred there were others who had it fixed this way and the replacement of the lining depends on whether the dealer can just clean off the old one or not. Sounds like a cheapskate way in the UK to fix the wider issue by owners having to raise the issue and hope Seat Spain respond. SeatUK are going to call my dealer and explain the situation so they book me in.

I have ordered my own foam from amazon to fix the issue so I am really only interested in the free new lining but if it turns out to be too much hassle I might just have to pay the £45 for it.

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks

I called my dealer (City Seat Basingstoke) and they said they dont see any TPI or bulletin outstanding on my chassis and when they checked manually there was nothing. They have only been around 2 yrs (their sales dept are rubbish!) and they have never heard of a fix for this.

I called Seat UK (thanks for the number above!) who were very helpful (Chloe). They didnt see an outstanding TPI on my chassis but said there was a foreign TPI for this not generally released in the UK which is why the TPI number above is not showing. They ask me to book in to the garage who need to raise a technical query, explain the problem with photos etc. The TPI would be released to them this way. She inferred there were others who had it fixed this way and the replacement of the lining depends on whether the dealer can just clean off the old one or not. Sounds like a cheapskate way in the UK to fix the wider issue by owners having to raise the issue and hope Seat Spain respond. SeatUK are going to call my dealer and explain the situation so they book me in.

I have ordered my own foam from amazon to fix the issue so I am really only interested in the free new lining but if it turns out to be too much hassle I might just have to pay the £45 for it.

Hope you get it sorted mate i found seat uk really helpful but they need to stop the dealers talking crap and get on with putting peoples cars right

Robban

Oct 15, 2011
Växjö, Sweden
Hi,
I received all parts needed that's included in the TPI.
Well I had to convince....first the standard...never heard of..bla bla bla...frustrating.
BR
Robert

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
Talked to Arnold Clark in Newcastle about this today. Turns out mine is covered. There is also a new TPI number. Watch this space.

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
I'll remember to ask for the TPI number for you all. It is booked in for next Thursday. Seems too good to be true using Arnold Clark after the nightmare I had with Western Seat.

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
Bad news I'm afraid guys. I thought I'd ring them this morning rather than keeping you hanging on.Unfortunately he said there was no TPI number after all and that things may be differently done now. That is all I can tell you. If you do live in the North East then you can always try booking your car in with Darren of Arnold Clark.

write2ad

Does anyone in Northern Ireland have this problem of sodding wet lining under the bonnet? Just bought my Seat Leon Copa 1.6 Ecomotive and only just found this problem.

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
Definitely take to dealers if under warranty. If not you will still be able to order parts yourself.

soche

Mar 2, 2008
Wimbledon

Seat UK spoke to my dealer. Seat UK then called me back and said the dealer will ring to book me in which they did. The dealer ordered the part and replacement felt without seeing my car. Somehow because I couldnt come into the garage for a month they managed to lose the part but they ordered another and this weekend I got myself a brand new lining FOC. The warranty says the total cost was £135. The dealer didnt give me the TPI. This fix can only be done if the dealer calls Seat Spain (or maybe Seat UK) and explains the problem and they release the fix to them.

That being said, this afternoon I went to work to check the foam protection from the seat fix, as I was going to try and do a better and what do I find but they have done bugger all. There was no foam strip added inside the scuttle panel. I took a picture of this to complain to Seat UK and have added my own foam fix as per the tutorial on here so I am now happy to have a non mouldy bonnet lining. I havent tested it but tbh I dont care now. I will check it again 2 months before the warranty is out and will request a new one then if i need to.

Hope this helps others to get theirs covered by warranty. Call your local dealer, if they've never heard of it, call Seat UK and they will do so much to help get the dealer to sort it.

Andy-S

Just noticed my 2011 Leon Cupra R has this problem. I phoned my local Seat dealer and he wants to see the car. Car booked in for Monday 9/9/13. Watch this space

Andy-S

Had my visit to Seat in Milton Keynes, and they were very helpful. I was told they had replaced a few this week, and they now have zero stock. They will call when the part is in and replace under warranty

Happy days...................

Niblet-nut

Hi All,

After seeing this i have gone and checked mine and its all soggy and mouldy only had the car just under 1 week.

Can i get this fixed under the warranty at any main dealer guys????

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
Depends on the dealer. I went to Arnold Clark in Newcastle. No problems at all with them. Never really rained hard enough to know if it has worked yet.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise