Prams in a Leon

Joe M

Jan 31, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
One for the parents among you, Im not picking up our Leon until late in the week, but the missus wants to go and look at prams over the next few days.
Just wondering what you all have, and how it fits in the boot?
Already got a car seat sorted, MaxiCosi Cabriofix, will be getting the Isofix base for it.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Youll be fine unless its a huge victorian pram! Also you only need a huge one up untill say 1 yr/36 months then its stroller time. Happy days

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Icandy peach fits fine in the Leon, got isofix maxi cosi pebble too, fits better than my 3 series

DMcG

Oct 5, 2012
Kent
It will be fine went and did the exact same thing and all the prams we looked at would fit in the boot. Went for some uppababy cruz in the end and the same seat you have. Need a good seat cover now for the rear bench, anyone any ideas?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Recaro Babyzen fits lovely & flat at the bottom below the boot lip when folded... Buy the optional 'cot' and car seat & they all fit on as you'd expect

th11324651152recaro-babyzen-black-trio.jpg

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
Hi, the silver cross 3D pram system is what we had and that fits fine, was a nice pram also and converts in to a push chair for a bit later on.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Quinny buzz fits grand as well. The one with the two big wheels in the back and the smaller single front.

Last edited:

Joe M

Jan 31, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
She really likes the Emmaljunga Edge Duo S, said we would go back later in the week to try it when we have the Leon. Sounds like the boot is decent though.

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
Mini city jogger fits in the boot fine.

I wouldn't bother with the isofix base for the seat, it's a waste of money. We had one in the wife's car and it was actually more of a faff to get the seat in and out of hers. The seatbelt takes seconds to attach to the seat and is really secure.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

t121anf

May 14, 2004
Quinny buzz fits grand as well. The one with the two big wheels in the back and the smaller single front.

Can't say I agree with this, I always have to remove the front wheel, any chance of a pic to see your configuration would be so much easier not to have to strip it down.

purplepopy

Hi, I have a Graco Pram fits great in the boot, but not much else fits in with it. Space for a couple of bags of shopping.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Mini city jogger fits in the boot fine.

I wouldn't bother with the isofix base for the seat, it's a waste of money. We had one in the wife's car and it was actually more of a faff to get the seat in and out of hers. The seatbelt takes seconds to attach to the seat and is really secure.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Disagree, using an ISOFIX base with your car seat is a much better experience. Wouldn't consider anything else.

Back on topic, we had a Silver Cross pram with detachable chassis that was quite big. Filled the boots on my Passats but fitted into the Leon without any trouble.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Can't say I agree with this, I always have to remove the front wheel, any chance of a pic to see your configuration would be so much easier not to have to strip it down.

Can't actually as my girl is no longer in it :)
It didn't fit in without taking the seat part off of the wheel base. But that was one very swift motion so wasn't bothered. Just two buttons on the sides and pull up, then just click it back in when putting back together.

Ours was knacked anyway and never folded down properly, so we even had to take the seat part off to get it into our people carrier :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.