New 1.2tsi fr pictures

pugboy

Dec 2, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
Looks like you have been a bit naughty on the old options list. :D

Looking good.

Its funny how my facelift model is only a few months old yet it has a different headunit etc isn't it. Maybe its why it was such a good deal as SEAT had another batch on the way.

pugboy

Dec 2, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
How are you finding it to drive?

I always found mine nippy if you give it a quick squirt of throttle around town, but lacking on long periods of acceleration (like up a dual carriageway). I now have a tuning box on and it pulls hard at all times.

They have a crazy amount of grip don't they! Honestly I have never come close to losing grip in the dry no matter how hard you chuck the car in to a roundabout. I think the tiny engine up front keeps the weight down and hence keeps the understeer at bay.

The main thing I don't like though is how hard the ride is. As you may have noticed its so firm it can knock you off course mid bend if you hit a bump! I'm no suspension expert, but I think its lazy engineering by SEAT as you can make modern cars handle, but still maintain a decent ride quality - think they may have done the damping on the cheap.

scooter1556

Mar 24, 2013
I thought this was my car for a minute but then realised it was the 3-door :) Looking good! Climate control and xenons too, jealousy is creeping in... Although, wouldn't be without the parking sensors, rear visibility is shocking. I find the ride a bit firm around town, I quite like the setup on A roads and motorways though, makes it feel nice and planted. I have noticed it can get a bit upset mid-corner if you hit a pot hole though as pugboy mentioned. Also true that the 1.2 does lose acceleration as you get nearer the top of the rev range but I've still found it gets you to the important speeds in good time and there is plenty there for overtakes etc... Just doesn't feel as quick as you want it to all the time but I then remind myself that it is only a 1.2 and is pretty cheap to run on the whole.

Hope you enjoy it!

nickcopa

Hi guys, yea I'm liking the colour myself, ive always had red cars though.

ill be keeping it pretty much standard for now, my work life is hectic at the moment plus now im skint from all the extra spec i went mad on, but worth it. Although I would have liked parking sensors, but another £215??

Previous I had a 1.4 copa and I liked how that drove, but this is miles ahead. Ok the ride can be a bit harsh but it doesnt bother me that much, more the road noise is annoying, wow its loud.

Interior is far better in my opinion, I was a bit sceptical of the new head unit, as I did like the old one actually. But i suppose it all integrates nicely with the SPS. Cheap to run, cheap to tax, gotta be a winner.

I have noticed a slight burning smell on occasions coming from the engine, is this normal on new cars? :confused:

phil750

Jul 24, 2012
love the new head units on these much nicer than mine, even though its only 10 months old!
nice car