Forge 1.4 tsi blow off valve on cupra?

Cupra_Ash

Hello everyone, I haven't actually started a thread yet but I will do :) I am currently owning a 59 plate cupra 1.4tsi, I have heard there are multiple problems with the engine but still I want to do some work to it :L stupid I know but oh we'll :L has anyone placed a dump valve on their cupra or boc and experienced any faults with the car after?

Reason I ask is I am looking at getting a forge blow off valve kit VAG tsi for the twin charged engines so that it sounds a little nicer and makes things run smoother, any advice would be appreciated :)

Thank you :)

Alexanderrr

Speed & Sound
Sep 23, 2012
Netherlands
Hello everyone, I haven't actually started a thread yet but I will do :) I am currently owning a 59 plate cupra 1.4tsi, I have heard there are multiple problems with the engine but still I want to do some work to it :L stupid I know but oh we'll :L has anyone placed a dump valve on their cupra or boc and experienced any faults with the car after?

Reason I ask is I am looking at getting a forge blow off valve kit VAG tsi for the twin charged engines so that it sounds a little nicer and makes things run smoother, any advice would be appreciated :)

Thank you :)

There is a "cheap" spacer made for the Golf VI 160. This one only fits when you mod it, the breather pipe (or something) is in its way. Otherwise you need to go for the expensive BOV.

Cupra_Ash

Yeah popped down to forge earlier as its only round the corner, my mate works there so might be able to get a good price hopefully :) fingers crosses but yeah it's an adapter basically a spacer :)

AshleyBOC

Mar 15, 2012
Yeah I have the Forge spacer.. Was a right ass to fit however lol.

As Alexanderrr said the breather can be a pain to get back on, it sounds good though, best £60 mod you can probably get unless you go up Halfrauds and buy some plastic crap

Chris.griz

Sep 2, 2012
Canterbury
Yeah I have the Forge spacer.. Was a right ass to fit however lol.

As Alexanderrr said the breather can be a pain to get back on, it sounds good though, best £60 mod you can probably get unless you go up Halfrauds and buy some plastic crap

Could someone help!!!

Wanting to fit the spacer, but all I read is problems!

Cupra_Ash

Fetched and fitted

Sorry guys haven't been on for a while now :) got one in the end, just the spacer, nice sounding blow off when you drop of the throttle works better in manual or in drive than sport as sport doesn't shift up if you let of the throttle :) worth the money defiantly and a pretty easy 5-10 mon job on fitting, there is on screw underneath that was an annoyance but other than that it was all good :)

andyh1970

Jul 4, 2013
newton abbot, devon
Hello everyone, I haven't actually started a thread yet but I will do I am currently owning a 59 plate cupra 1.4tsi, I have heard there are multiple problems with the engine but still I want to do some work to it :L stupid I know but oh we'll :L has anyone placed a dump valve on their cupra or boc and experienced any faults with the car after?

Reason I ask is I am looking at getting a forge blow off valve kit VAG tsi for the twin charged engines so that it sounds a little nicer and makes things run smoother, any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

Jake Hudson

Mar 12, 2014
Forge blow of valve installation HELP!!!

Hi guys I have just had the forge blow off valve spacer and trying to install it, I am having trouble getting the sensor on and really need some help can you please tell me after I have fitted the valve I can't plug the sensor back in because the breather pipe ( the hard plastic one ) is in the way any ideas please help ASAP THANKS GUYS AND GIRLS

andyh1970

Jul 4, 2013
newton abbot, devon
Forge blow off valve

Hi it's strange that you're struggling with that part as I don't recall that causing me a problem during fitting mine. I struggled with removing the bottom bolt of the valve itself and ended up leaving it off of the new valve. I will double check my fitment when I've got home from work to see if I can help you at all and post again (assuming no one posts in the meantime). Cheers. Ps you won't be disappointed with the results once you've finished fitting it!! :D

Jake Hudson

Mar 12, 2014
Hi it's strange that you're struggling with that part as I don't recall that causing me a problem during fitting mine. I struggled with removing the bottom bolt of the valve itself and ended up leaving it off of the new valve. I will double check my fitment when I've got home from work to see if I can help you at all and post again (assuming no one posts in the meantime). Cheers. Ps you won't be disappointed with the results once you've finished fitting it!! :D

Yeah thanks for this I got home and I just put some tag around the pipe and pulled it away and the plug just slipped on no problems aha after spending all my lunch trying to do it anyway been out last night and I love it so good!! Thanks guys

JAYCOOPS

I'm also struggling to fit the sensor ounce everything else is fitted. I don't fancy forcing the breath pipe out the way. There any other tips? Thanks

BrockAde

Aug 28, 2014
Worcestershire
I brought a forge bov adapter and like some of you I had problems with the breather pipe. So took it back and got a refund, as it didn't fit and wasn't willing to bodge it so to speak, but have seen some fitted that look very neat. Guess some engines may be a little bit different.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.