Cupra R Boost Pressure - possible issue?

Ross_Cupra-R

Mar 19, 2009
Fife/Bristol
Evening all.

I had a search on this but couldn't find a definite answer so forgive the new thread.

Can someone tell me what boost pressure (bar/PSI) a standard Ibiza Cupra R should be boosting to?

I have had 2 different boost gauges on the car since i bought it last year and the max reading i've had from both is 0.7 Bar, however this is only on occasion and normal peak boost is 0.6 Bar, hence the reason for the above question.

reason i'm trying to find this out is.....(i further apologise for another "problem" thread being raised :() the car has not be "in the pink" recently so im just trying to find out why. Done a Vag-com scan and the only fault code i occasionaly see is: SAI system - Incorrect Flow detected.

I'm going to try and do some logs and see what they highlight, but my 1st thought is slowly dying MAF or boost leak or could it just be the recent heatwave

Any help will be greatly received.

Ross_Cupra-R

Mar 19, 2009
Fife/Bristol
is there anyway of easily testing the N75 or is it a case of swapping it out for a new one? Just as im showing no fault codes other than the SAI incorrect flow.

Hopefully my power invertor will arrive in the next few days so i can use my laptop to get some logs done .

Last edited:

Ross_Cupra-R

Mar 19, 2009
Fife/Bristol
Right....update.....

decided to do the "leak back" test and check the spring wasn't broken on my 007P last night to rule out the DV, so took it off, check it and all was ok.

Pop'd it back on and left it overnight. Came to drive the car today and it won't give me more than 4PSI of boost (limp mode)

Would a split vacuum hose from the top of the DV cause limp mode/lack of boost ? sorry for complete lack of knowledge :)

ashgtiturbo

Jun 23, 2009
it will cause lack of boost, which with all the fangled electronics could possibly cause it to go into limp mode... try replacing with some thin silicone hose... i did this on my mk4 gti turbo and it worked out nicely.

Rab 1.8

got the same issue with my ibiza done the leak test found it to be a dodgy dv new dumpvalve on holds the boost a bit better but still not getting proper boost was on the car for bout 4 hours last week noticed that the leg on the turbo wich the actuator go,s through is worn and is leaking thats the issue for my boost problem so its a new turbo.

Ross_Cupra-R

Mar 19, 2009
Fife/Bristol
Cheers guys, yeah it was the vac hose form the top of the DV that had collapsed following on from me checking it. Some new silcone hose has sorted it that issue.

Still looking for comformation of the pressure a standard Cupra R should be boosting to?

Did a quick check on the MAF at idle and was getting 2.28 G/S, won't help diganose anything, just seemed a bit low imo, thought it should have been nearer 3 G/S on idle.

I will try and get some logs done when i get a chance and post them up to see if i do indeed have an issue.

neron4o

Oct 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Its been a while, but I have these question.:shrug:
Both Cupra and Cupra R run k03 right?! I read that the difference between 156 and 180 bhp version is some sort of seat software. Ok, if both runst std 8.7 psi what is that software?!! http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?121086-k03-boost-levels I think either is the actuator or cupra R are with K03-052 180 hp, 85 N actuator, K03-053 150 hp, 85 N actuator or K03-058 150 hp/180 hp, 85 N actuator?!
So what is the truth ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.