Hyrbid LCR finally finished - 333bhp 300lb/ft

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Took the car to Bills yesterday to update the map after having the JBS05 replaced with a K04 RS6/2283 hybrid.

After a couple of hours of tailoring the map the final result was 333bhp and just under 300lb/ft. Car came in with 280bhp and around 240lb/ft so quite a difference from before.

After many issues over the years (bad maps, JBS manifold misfiring, JBS05 turbo failing), I finally have the car/power I was hoping for.

Big thanks to Bill and his team for all their hard work and advice over the years.

Car feels so much stronger, smoother and more responsive than before and as a added bonus the fuel economy is back to where it should be :)

Spec is as follows

Badger5 built engine
Largeport ported and gas flowed head with iconel valves
Badger5 V1 tip
Hybrid K04
Relentless manifold
Original Forge intercooler
WMI 50/50
550cc injectors

Last edited:

Pommeh

Dec 5, 2012
Are you using the standard inlet manifold then? or have you had that ported to match the head?

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
oops forget to add that, running original forge intercooler (not the big race one)

I paid £650 to rebuild a standard k04 to a hybrid

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
As arrived and after remapped.. my map before, but an early one for different spec hardware

375090_377500039034754_1859133332_n.jpg

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Took the car to Bills yesterday to update the map after having the JBS05 replaced with a K04 RS6/2283 hybrid.

After a couple of hours of tailoring the map the final result was 333bhp and just under 300lb/ft. Car came in with 280bhp and around 240lb/ft so quite a difference from before.

After many issues over the years (bad maps, JBS manifold misfiring, JBS05 turbo failing), I finally have the car/power I was hoping for.

Big thanks to Bill and his team for all their hard work and advice over the years.

Car feels so much stronger, smoother and more responsive than before and as a added bonus the fuel economy is back to where it should be :)

Spec is as follows

Badger5 built engine
Largeport ported and gas flowed head with iconel valves
Badger5 V1 tip
Hybrid K04
Relentless manifold
Original Forge intercooler
WMI 50/50
550cc injectors

have you played with the gear based boost yet?

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Excellent results Both. You've had your fair share of hastle with this car Johnathon so very pleased to see it getting a great result for you. Our cars are very similar other than the LP head and modern hybrid.
I bet it feels a monster now as mine runs well with 10 bhp less;). Can you post the boost plot as i'd be interested to compare.
Is the difference between the LP and Small Port clear to be seen during the mapping Bill as i guess our maps are similar.
What cc nozzle you running Johnathon.

Last edited:

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Running a D03 nozzle, think boost might be 22psi held

Not sure where the name came from, e's on facebook as beach buggy

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
What's the reliability meant to be like with a hybrid K04S? It's just the power bracket I'm looking for however I'd be worried the turbo is being pushed all the time, is this a concern/consideration your looked at?

None the less, awesome results. I saw the video yesterday, made for some entertaining office watching and prompted many a conversations about turbos :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.