Anyone with interference since fitting HIDS?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
ahh starting to get technical now

mite get markwales to give a hand , just plug the pass side in and it didnt power up

also put back to how it was and can hear a buzzing noise from the balasts ??

Flip it over 180 deg (the other way ;))

Buzzing from ballasts you done all i have said? so you're using the new loom only?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
just tried again now no joy , unless i need all connected up

what i dont grasp is

on the normal hids4u

theres these
SatFeb20162935GMT2010.jpg

yet the new harness is just got 1 ??

will have to go now , got a family party to get too , i will get back on later and read up , and see if markwales can take a look tomorrow down the rolling road day

cheers Lee

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
All the new harness is doing is removing the need for you to use the spades that go into the standard headlights.
The new loom powers the ballasts directly, the bulbs are still connected, they don't get touched.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
ok he's had a look , had to split the spade connector

went to plug in the drivers side and didnt work on looking closer the wiring hadnt been done properly[:@]

so dinners over , am now no better off and still aint connected the washer bottle back up (ballast is behind it )

so i need to pop over his house tonight and hes going to have a better look at it

think il also drop the seller an email regarding the workmanship of his wiring ,

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
Anyone from the Manchester area wanna give me a hand fitting my H7 kits? I bought them a while ago for my Bora, and fitted them for about a month as it was the wrong kit lol.

Was thinking about buying a new kit but just remembered i had them. Never fitted them before i got a friend to do it, anyone wanna give me a hand?

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
Mines a HID4U kit as well, only put them in on monday, might see if I can get hold of them see if it's a known issue or something...

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The power and earth go on the battery i can't honestly remember an earth on the drivers side, but mine are wired into the loom i made for my lights.
Anything that screws to the car will suffice.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
This loom has an earth on both sides annoyingly so I guess I can add a wire to run it back to the passenger side one which goes to the battery.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise