Mk1 Ibiza System Porsche

Joey

Vented
Nov 11, 2011
Carlisle
On a positive note the polo headlamps passed the beam test even tho they look miles out! P.Paul I might have a gen door handle if ur still looking for one, no lock barrel. Let me know an I'll send a pic see if it matches

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Hey guys, my Ibiza has failed it's MOT!!! To be honest it's not a massive refusal list. RR reg plate lamp not working, OSR Brake binding. Not bad for a 20 year old car. Need the following parts but very expensive from SEAT and they all have to come from Espanyol
SE022744400A frt brake hose
SE021744400A rr brake hose (x2)
SE028165299B rr brake shoes
SE021720001A rr wheel cylinders (x2)
SE022165201a rr brake shoes (not available any more)
I've tried local Eurocarparts but they don't seem interested, going to try another factors but it's not looking good. There's a couple of bits n bobs on e-bay but no point committing if I can't find the lot! If anyone has any suggestions they would much appreciated much is gracias amigos

Think ive got a couple of front brake hoses somewhere fella. Im gettin the ibiza out of the garage tomorrow so I'll see what I can find

Dlp1984

Mar 3, 2013
Sidcup
My cousin had a red one of these 10+ years back. It caught fire in the engine bay and the spare wheel went up and the whole car went up in flames, just an idea to check all your wiring around the spare as it would be a shame for it to happen to an old classic

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
Has very little wiring to check to be fair! lol Mechanically/electrically its all pretty much perfect.

I'd guess there to be less than 20 Mk1 Ibizas still on the road in the UK. Mo market for them, so they usually just get scrapped.

The coilovers are now fully fitted up front. Just need to get the new shocks in the back, then it's MOT time.

The car need rewrapping this year, as its had a few scuff in the garage while I was building a conservatory. Can't decide if I want to keep it the original gloss white or got for the Matt blue I like.

I could change colour every year for the show season, doesnt cost me much to do, as I just put it through the buiness accounts as advertising

Joey

Vented
Nov 11, 2011
Carlisle
Hi Paul, managed to source the parts from another local factors they were more interested than Euros but cheers anyhow, let me know if you want the door handle. Got everything sorted on Saturday apart from one of the rear hoses woudln't bleed, had to park up and leave til tomorrow for another go. Even changed my rocker gasket and dizzy seal which should have been done a while ago. Will sort brake hose and represent for MOT fingers crossed! Just need to see why the leccy windows aren't working and she'll be right as rain. Lovin the Matt Blue it would look awesome.

Pervy_Paul

Oct 22, 2010
Chesterfield
www.seatcupra.net
i spotted a MK1 System Porsche in MK tonight looked nice

Was it blue by any chance?

I'd imagine it was this 1

T2eC16JHJHQE9nzEyPzBRSuMhjmQ60_12.jpg

T2eC16VHJIkE9qU3kIdIBRSuNjnwQg60_12.jpg

In other news, I got 1 of the rear shocks out this morning,a nd it fully compressed itself as soon as it was unbolted, so maybe the new shocks will be enough for me not to have to rebuild the leafspring!

Joey

Vented
Nov 11, 2011
Carlisle
Well pleased to announce after a bit of work she's now fully mot'd! Replaced rr drums, shoes, cylinders and hoses. Frt nipple snapped off nsf caliper so had to replace. All in all £150 for parts etc so not to bad to keep the old lass goin for another year. Just hand washed and polished her so looking fantastic. It's a bit warm when you can't get the front windows down but hey at least the cold blower works. U changed colour yet P.Paul.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.