lowering top caps

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
i know a few of the bmws ive had have been able to be lowered via lowered top mounts/cups

is it possible to lower the car with lower topmounts/cups.

cheers.

M30 SCK

Aug 28, 2009
Rotherham
I ordered a set of the polybush top mounts, they lower it 10mm more.
Not sure if it will work or not, they're listed to fit to a number of vw group motors.
Took a chance and ordered a set.Will see what happens when I take car in for fitting.
I've got everything ready to be fitted,coilovers,droplinks.But cars currently in bodyshop after the wife got rearended...……(insert pun here).
Will keep you updated..........

null_zps2dd20974.jpg

Borrowed from PSI Tuning website

Last edited:

cuprastoffs

Sep 12, 2011
Edinburgh-ish
Polo 6n topmounts apparently sit 10mm lower.

I have the polybush above fitted to my car, and it was barely noticeable. They clunk a bit on full lock but I need to grease them some more. Definatly an upgrade over the rubber ones.

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
I ordered a set of the polybush top mounts, they lower it 10mm more.
Not sure if it will work or not, they're listed to fit to a number of vw group motors.
Took a chance and ordered a set.Will see what happens when I take car in for fitting.
I've got everything ready to be fitted,coilovers,droplinks.But cars currently in bodyshop after the wife got rearended...……(insert pun here).
Will keep you updated..........

null_zps2dd20974.jpg

Borrowed from PSI Tuning website

How did this work for you... Pics?

May 31, 2011
Essex
That picture shows the black spring cap which the top mount sits on I used the standard One off of my old suspension when fitting my coilovers as this i was smaller therefore the top mount didn't sit as heigh thus lowered my car more I think it is better than using the one with the coilovers as the top mount sits flush on the standard one unlike the one shown in the picture.

M30 SCK

Aug 28, 2009
Rotherham
Had my coilovers fitted today, and asked the guy if he'd offer up the polybush top mount.
Ended up using the old topmounts, as there was no way they'd fit.

M30 SCK

Aug 28, 2009
Rotherham
Not sure of exact measurement.
Mechanics set it low but with some threads showing, probably about 3/4 of available drop.
Gunna wait for it to settle then ill decide how I want it to sit.

null_zps20664944.jpg

null_zps95e662a3.jpg

Had my summer wheels fitted as well. 17" sagas same as before but in gloss black

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.