Bombers MK2 FR TDI

Bomber

Feb 10, 2011
Ireland
Cheers,they are Facelift lights, had to be changed for the facelift bumper to go on!

Tempted to fit the facelift boot also to have the Cupra spoiler fit but I think if I try sell it I might have trouble explaining that I did it for looks and not due to damage as I don't think many would change the boot and lights to fit a spoiler they like!!

Bomber

Feb 10, 2011
Ireland
Few small updates. Phone pics don't seem great on these...

Fitted carbon effect FR door sills for a bit of protection on them!

Front

019_zps5f82ed26.jpg

Rear

017_zpseaf897a0.jpg

Also upgraded to LED interior lighting as the standard bulbs were crap. Pics below. I fitted a set of these also to replace the standard rear number plate lights. They give off a nice white light and not the mad blue one's Iv seen around.

013_zps38a7370e.jpg

014_zps5ecc0f47.jpg

On a recent clean I applied Iron-X to remove all the brake dust. the pink shows there was a lot there! Great product.

004_zpsd28a5d82.jpg

Bomber

Feb 10, 2011
Ireland
Had a day off work so got a few pics and a bit done with the car....

I wanted wheel spacers so i went for H&R 15mm rears and 12mm fronts. The arches look a bit fuller now and I am happier with the cars stance.

Rear, not as visible here as viewing it in person.
007_zps9d75a5f5.jpg

Along the side of the car.
008_zpsb6015d07.jpg

I decided I would like to darken my lights to keep the black/white thing going! found flyeskit on another members thread. Thr product is not cheap dirt film/tint spray and well priced, No loss of light through the film, fully MOT compliant and easy work with.

I also debadged the Leon boot badge to clean up the back end of the car.

Pic of car before Flyeyeskit at front(old Pic!)
028.jpg

After
012_zps2a75bc04.jpg

Pic of car before Flyeyeskit at rear
032.jpg

Pic after film applied and debadge
013-1_zps48807a50.jpg

Happy with the finish of this. I will see how it lasts in time.

Also applied Autosmart Tardis Tar Remover today to get rid of tar marks and remove the glue after the debadge. Very good product IMO.

al20v

Mar 27, 2010
It was good to chat to yesterday.
Your car looked great.
Keep the updates coming! ...

Bomber

Feb 10, 2011
Ireland
It was good to chat to yesterday.
Your car looked great.
Keep the updates coming! ...

Cheers ah it's grand, bit different than a lot of stuff there, the Seats have a more agressive look than the VW's which I love. Was glad to see the LCR drive in to be honest!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members