Drove on a flat tyre...

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
They took the tyre off the rim for me and showed me all the chewed up fine bits of rubber inside.
Yea probably a new tyre.

To be honest .
Tyres and brakes are not something I'd skimp on. Just get a new tyre just incase.

Jun 24, 2011
Sheffield
My wife did this once on her old Mondeo ST and we thought the tyre was fine, turned out sidewalls were damaged and these started to fail in the end.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
£75 to repair a puncture? :rofl:

A lot of places will repair a puncture for free if you leave it with them to do when they're not busy.

£10-£15 normally.

*puncher* FLOL.

He's maybe talking about vulcanising, the technique they use to repair punctures near the edge. That's usually £40 and up.

Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
He's maybe talking about vulcanising, the technique they use to repair punctures near the edge. That's usually £40 and up.

Am I missing something? vulcanisation is the process of turning sticky liquid rubber into solid durable rubber.

I know that you can get sidewall punctures repaired at special places but I have no idea how they do it.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Am I missing something? vulcanisation is the process of turning sticky liquid rubber into solid durable rubber.

I know that you can get sidewall punctures repaired at special places but I have no idea how they do it.

What can I say, all these other posts jumped in while I was typing so my post ended up completely out of context lol, anyway fixed it now.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
They took the tyre off the rim for me and showed me all the chewed up fine bits of rubber inside.
Yea probably a new tyre.

To be honest .
Tyres and brakes are not something I'd skimp on. Just get a new tyre just incase.

Good man, I get fed up of people trying to save money in some of the most important areas, especially parents.

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
I've had punctures repaired for ~£10 but it's only been for a slow puncture.

Last time was at kwik fit where they claimed it had to be off the books as it was company policy not to repair a tyre with less than 5mm of tread. For the miles I do that tyre had up to a year left on it. Their website says the tread just has to be legal.

Mark D

Apr 5, 2013
Leicester
Got to consider the old granny that does 20mph everywhere and 1k a year who wouldnt need anything special/afford it.

Personal opinion i test drive customers cars all day and find premium shine a long way above budgets.
some mid range are surprising though eg hankooks. Dependant on driving style

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Yeh there are some cracking budget tyres around these days, not the best but there's certainly no need for budgets like sunnies! Talk about crap tyres.

Last edited:

CyborgCupraJQ

Boca Inside*
Dec 28, 2010
Oporto, Portugal
I drove mine for miles with a flat tyre and I didnt even notice then i repaired it without removing the tyre from the alloy. Few months later when i changed my alloy wheels for some 17" Seat Sport ones they said i needed a new tyre, left wheel on the back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.