t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Fry over black or high power silver wheel refurb?

• Fry over black wheel colour

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • High power silver wheel colour

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTi T

May 8, 2005
North West
Looks brilliant Tom, really smart choice with those wheels, bet your over the moon and relieved they look equally if not even better than the standard LCR Ronals!;)

Top marks

Tom

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
It looks like a completely different car now Tom, and better for it! Perfect colour wheels and they seem to fit really well. Are you still using your original spacers?

Looks amazing mate:stars: Job done now then.... :D

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
They look pretty cool dude :)
Look quite small in the pics almost like 17's.

Cheers Barn. The oem one's looked 'bigger' as they had a polished lip around all the way around the wheel. These being anthra all over will look smaller but I much prefer these now they're on. Looks a bit BTCC now ;)

Looks brilliant Tom, really smart choice with those wheels, bet your over the moon and relieved they look equally if not even better than the standard LCR Ronals!;)

Top marks

Tom

Cheers Tom :) I need to get the centre caps on and I'm going to get the rear changed to a 20mm spacer for the stance I want and job done. I think these are better than the oem's, but I've changed from what I wanted when I got those and what I want now and these make the car now.

It looks like a completely different car now Tom, and better for it! Perfect colour wheels and they seem to fit really well. Are you still using your original spacers?

Looks amazing mate:stars: Job done now then.... :D

Thanks mate, glad you like :)

I'm using 15mm hubcentric spacers all round provided by Rimstyle so my Forge one's have come off. I'm going to speak to them about swapping the 15's on the rear for a set of 20's to get them out further. It's a few mm or so from where I want it so should do the trick. Will be calling them when they're open today.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I like them a lot, a proper wheel. The multi spoke wheel really suit the LCR.

You think like me :D I've loved these wheels for a good while now and am glad I finally have a set.

I need to find out the exact weight of these but I believe they are between 8.5kg to 9kg and the OEM wheel weighs 10.5kg to my knowledge so it's a nice reduction there to counter my seats. Maybe two piece setup on the brakes is next..

Small update to this.. I spoke to Rimstyle earlier and they are sending me out 20mm spacers for the rear so I can get the stance I want, so happy days. Can't wait to get them on and my center caps on then clean the tyres up this weekend and see what she looks like how I want it :)

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
they look much better.
i think cupra r's suit motor sport wheels better than anything else.

Cheers mate :)

The multispoke wheels do work really well on these. It had to be done!

where did you get your smaller licence plate mate & how much? cheers

Fancyplates website, it was about £15 or so but that was three years ago.. lol.

Love em Tom, they look even better than how i thought they would :D
Bet your pleased??

Thanks bud :)

Very pleased yes. Just need to make some tweaks tomorrow ;) And it should be spot on.

Looking great buddy, it really has changed the look of the car. It looks fantastic :)

Cheers mate :) Glad you approve!

It was time for a change and they really suit it and the overall theme of the car imo. Dead pleased.

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
Lovin your new rims Tom...sooo recommend you get the ECS rear centre plates to centralise the rear wheel in the arch (James Parkin will vouch!). These look bettter than OZ ultras IMO.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Lovin your new rims Tom...sooo recommend you get the ECS rear centre plates to centralise the rear wheel in the arch (James Parkin will vouch!). These look bettter than OZ ultras IMO.

Where do you get them from and any negative effects on handling?

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
PSI Tuning, who give great customer service. They were £86 last summer. Easy to fit and No negative effects. They're recommended for those with a 30mm + drop. I personally found that it significantly reduced arch rub because it's centralised to the arch. Looks great too! :)

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent

Thanks mate :) I like Ultras too but personally prefer these. I've alway liked them and wanted a set. It's all down to personal taste wheels, you'll never please everyone with whatever you choose.

See I have thought about these ECS rear centre plates before but need to look at a few threads where people have used it and results. James' is one I need to check out!

PSI Tuning, who give great customer service. They were £86 last summer. Easy to fit and No negative effects. They're recommended for those with a 30mm + drop. I personally found that it significantly reduced arch rub because it's centralised to the arch. Looks great too! :)

They sound pretty good tbh James! I'll have to have a dig through your thread another night as I need to go to bed soon lol. :lol: Early enough start for the Bromley Pageant show tomorrow.

Very very nice, love Turinis

Thanks mate :)

Hope you're well.

The wheels simply look awesome mate, great choice they really suit the car and set it off.

Cheers mate! :D Pretty pleased with the feedback from everyone. I love them and am glad I changed wheels now.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members