need help with some hids..

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
thinking about buying some hids off ebay. anyone had any problems? melting or surround or the actual plastic?

after the 6000k ones.

mate told me after looking at the car either drill a hole in the little peice of plastic or just leave the plastic out all together which fits into the bulb surround inside?

any help would be massivly appreciated!!!:confused::confused::confused:

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
just installed them today but as soon as engine starts they turn off..

i have a 1.4 se with automatic lights. i tried with just putting in normal lights mode and no look?

anyone had this problem or got ideas?

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
would canbus not just stop bringing the message on the dash..as apposed to actually turning them fully off?

GMan_88

Sep 19, 2012
Reading
Haha niiiice.. Thats the exact same kit I have. I also went for the 6000k and my car is silver and I must say when you get them working you will not be dissapointed. (I have a 04 leon so no auto lights etc)

I am probably wrong and this is just food for thought but I remember reading something about non-canbus kits can interfere with the computer and make the whole electrical system overly sensitive as well as throwing up a warning light.. Maybe the additional voltage upon start up is causing the system to fail?

I would wait for some advice from someone who knows what they are talking about, or if that fails you could maybe try this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-HID-Xenon-Canbus-Warning-Light-Error-Canceller-set-/330803508480?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d056cf500

Sorry I couldnt be of more help :p

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
i read something about auto lights can affect things but i have tried with them just on the normal on switch for lights if you understand me and stil nothing :(. really bugging me because they look great in! but just carnt drive(start engine) haha! one of my mates said something abhout linking it to the battery but il wait to hear more as i am not too sure either and dont want to break naything.

thanks for the help though buddy! appreciated!

scooter188

Jul 26, 2011
I have 6000k h1 kit in my headlights mine work perfectly no issues at all maybe its the kit you got

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
H1? What ibiza do you have. Mine are H7s but also where so u get yours. Any links? Had serious problems with mine. After removing them as they weren't working my left main beam doesn't work anymore. Not the fuse or halogen bulb and is booked in at dealer.

scooter188

Jul 26, 2011
I work at a volvo garage so i purchased them through work and came over from china through one of our suppliers for other things cost me around £45-50 a think at the time

i got H1 because i have also changed the headlights now

the original was h7 i just had to buy new bulbs when i changed the headlights over

its a 3rd gen ultra slim kit

you may have pulled a wire off inside the headlamp

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
Yeah possibly. Someone mentioned could have be something gone in the ecu. Either way the dealer won't be able to tell I have had hids in will they ? And hopefully if it gets fixed under warranty it's really put me off getting hids in the car. Does your model have auto lights on your ibiza? Because that's meant to bugger things up as well

scooter188

Jul 26, 2011
yes and i didnt have any problems but i have since disabled that as i have switched my lights on permantly using vcds

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
i see. and did your hids work the same way automatically or did you have to put them on manually? car goes in the garage tommorow so will make my mind up tomorrrow depending on what the fault was

scooter188

Jul 26, 2011
Think i got another set laying around somewhere from where i had them as dipped n main

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
well car is in dealer as we speak. they didnt have the part ( control unit) they had keep car overnight as it was all stripped down and it could be then done today or have book in for a week down the line so i said keep it till fixed..

i belive the hid system i used didnt have a canbus cancellor on. anyone got any ideas if i get a canbus one it should work fine yerh?

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
right just got car back from dealer. luckily all done under warrenty..they said they carried out wiring check and wiring was ok in and out of control unit. they replaced the BCM.

i asked how much if not under warrenty and he said just for the part was around £400 and thats without labour!

this had put a huge question mark over whether i will touch hids now :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise