My New Love Interest

secret.squirrel

Dec 1, 2010
Middle Earth (Wiltshire)
Hi guys,

Posted a couple of threads and posts on here about the car and stuff, figured I should really get a few pictures up of the before.

These were taken bout a week before I picked it up :)

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

I will add to this as I go along with the changes as it improves :)

Comments?

Squirrel.

Last edited:

secret.squirrel

Dec 1, 2010
Middle Earth (Wiltshire)
Haha I wasnt too sure if this was right, mayb one of the mods could do me the honours...

And thanks mate, no doubt there will be many more threads from me as I try to blindly sledgehammer my way through changing it ;)

Squirrel.

secret.squirrel

Dec 1, 2010
Middle Earth (Wiltshire)
Already put on the LCR Splitter, will get pictures up of that when the weather clears up a bit. The first on the cards will be:

AP Coilovers
Powerflex bushes to replace the stock FR ones (may opt for Cupra ones instead...thoughts?)
20mm Hubcentric rear spacers

From then on later plans will be:
PD160 Intake with Green cotton filter
Forge FMIC
Miltek turbo-back exhaust
Revo remap

Interior:
Full Pioneer Ice install (going with a double-DIN headunit)
Stealth sub boot build...

Exterior:
Black wingmirror covers
Debadged grill
Smoked rear lights
Refurbished alloys

And no doubt whatever take my fancy over the next few years. Will be a steady plod on with it though :)

Squirrel.

Aug 18, 2007
Plans sound good..

Out of interest, why are you opting for a forge intercooler over the seat sport one?

Bean

Torque Junkie... Gimme mo
May 4, 2009
Portsmouth
Car looks tidy, as has been said looks like a good base.

Interested to see what you do with it.

secret.squirrel

Dec 1, 2010
Middle Earth (Wiltshire)
Hello All, I realize it has been ages since I've visited the site, unfortunately technical gremlins and im sure some black magic have killed my internet connection, but all is better now!

Just a quick update to say a thankyou to the guys at JKM Performance, went in on the wednesday afternoon to book in for a Revo Stage 1 Remap, they slotted me in first thing Thursday morning. Been running an absolute dream ever since and I swear I will not get bored of the 2nd 3rd and 4th gear pull from 1500 upwards.... Muahahaha!

Squirrel.

secret.squirrel

Dec 1, 2010
Middle Earth (Wiltshire)
Next update... So at the weekend I decided to go ahead and remove the rear seats. I have left the corner seatbelts in for now while I see how I like the rear seats out, but so far it looks like they will be staying out for good (I now have a makeshift sofa in my room :p ). Lifting out just the backs removed the weight of a large child, and it picks up very quickly now, but feels a little more skippy on the back end round a few fast tight corners, but a RARB should sort that as my next port of call when I get back home! Pics to follow...

Squirrel.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
i recognise that garage! haha thats where i got mine from

Looks identical to mine when i first picked it up.....not so much anymore

plans sound good!

secret.squirrel

Dec 1, 2010
Middle Earth (Wiltshire)
Well it's with a heavy heart I had to say good bye to the dear old diesel. It was my own fault but long and short 40mph into a tree about a week ago has written the car off. The lesson here? Don't swerve for animals, just speed up. As it stands I'm waiting for the insurance cheque in the post, but I've bought myself a little 1.8 mx5 mk1 as a new toy. Pics to follow....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.