Fuel?

daniel_may1986

Do you guys think the fuel consumption is good on the leons. I have a 1.4 tsi n just seem to think it goes pretty quickly. I always drive reasonably. It seems though that wen I ever I turn the car on the dial goes down a bit. Say it was on exactly half wen I last used it, Wen I turn it on the next day it will be before the half. I dunno if this is normal as it's my first car. I've checked for leaks under car n bonnet but all seems ok. The car has only done 14000 miles in 5 years but had 2 previous owners. I always think was this their reason for getting rid

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Zero your clock when you fill up, then when it's empty again fill up and see how many litres you put in, note down the amount of litres and the mileage you got from it to work out your average mpg. Not alot of advice can be given without figures like that I'm afraid mate. Just keep your right foot in check is all I can say haha

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
If your starting the car in the morning generaly it's colder and the fuel condenses. As the car gets hotter the needle should go up abit.
Tip tip it's best to fill up when it's coldest so you get more fuel for your money :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

daniel_may1986

I avnt filled tank yet. Ha. I remember putting in £20 n took mileage then wen it was basically empty again I checked mileage n I had done 100 miles for the £20.i know that's not a good way to know but. Doesn't the trip on the car tell u Wat your average mpg is. It tells Wat your doing at the time then I think it's an average of Wat you've done. Not sure though. N to Ben750, there is times wen I'll av av windows open wen I start the car n the smell of petrol is like being in a petrol station. But not all the time

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
The trip will tell you what mpg your car is doing - but it isn't accurate. Check your manual and you' find out how to change your screen to display average mpg.

To calculate your mpg properly you need to fill your tank, and take note of the mileage on the car. Drive until tank is empty then fill, and take note of how many litres you filled up by, and the mileage on your car. You can then calculate how many miles your car did for how many litres you filled up by, then convert into miles per gallon, 1 gallon = 4.5 litres.

steroidchris

Feb 14, 2011
Brierley Hill
I avnt filled tank yet. Ha. I remember putting in £20 n took mileage then wen it was basically empty again I checked mileage n I had done 100 miles for the £20.i know that's not a good way to know but. Doesn't the trip on the car tell u Wat your average mpg is. It tells Wat your doing at the time then I think it's an average of Wat you've done. Not sure though. N to Ben750, there is times wen I'll av av windows open wen I start the car n the smell of petrol is like being in a petrol station. But not all the time

Unleaded is roughly £1.33 a litre, if you did 100 miles on £20 then you're looking at around 30mpg.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

daniel_may1986

Jarre that's another thing I wanted to ask. For some stupid reason I didn't get a manual with the car. N it just passed my mind to ask wen I bought it. I dunno were to get a manual from for my car. I could try seat dealer but cause it's 2008 model I dunno if they would still av it. I will Deffo try the mpg by filling tank procedure

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
My Cupra destroys petrol, it's £75 for a full tank of fuel for me, as I only use V-Max fuel which is around £1.40 a litre.. All I can say is, god bless my fuel card lol

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Mine is similar, sometimes the gauge has a mind of its own. Sometimes I'll park up with the fuel light on then when I next drive the car its gone out. I've also found the range computer will sometimes increase/ decrease on its own accord.

I don't think it has a leak as it always gets about the right mileage against the amount of fuel I put in, but just doesn't seem that accurate in measuring usage.

daniel_may1986

I know I'm a pain but has anyone know we're to get the seat media system manual anywhere? Mines the original one that came from 2006. So it's not 2.0,2.1 or 2.2

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Put a tenner (i know) in my tsi and the range went up 100 miles. The range dropped 15 after 23miles

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Mine sometimes goes up 100 miles for £10 but then it drops quite hard initially. Topped it up this evening, range initially said 195 but by the time I'd driven the 2 miles home it was down to 185.

Seems that immediately after filling up or when the fuel light is on the range plays up.

daniel_may1986

Guys help me. I was messing round with my car yesterday n noticed a long black box under my seat. Thought it might of been a usb port or something so clipped the black plastic off but it was just a metal box with like a scart going in. So I just clipped it back on but now I've got no sound Wat so ever. No radio, media won't play. Telephone no ring or voice nothing!!! Wat av I done

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Have you tried turning the car on and off a few times? Might need to put the radio code into it again. Just guessing mind

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.