Beginners MODS

BadgerInALeon

Hey,

I have had my Leon nearly a Week Now. Im Liking The Looks Of The Leons On Here & Was Wondering What Basic Mods I Could Do To Mine. I've Never Modded A Car Before .. So Don't Really Know The Ins & Outs Of It All.

Matt (Badger)

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
The most basic ones are:

Skoda Fabia rear wiper set up
Golf Mk4 Aero front wipers
Heko wind deflectors (popular for some reason?)
Vinyl wrap or paint the 'S' badges front and rear
Debadge the rear
Lowering springs
Alloys and spacers
Teardrop mirrors
Silver indicator bulbs
LED sidelight/numberplate/interior bulbs
Tinted rear lights/side repeaters

That should be enough to get you started, have a look at people's RR's and get involved with some of the topics in this section and you should get a few ideas/tips :)

dannyCworth

Sarcasm is lost in print.
Apr 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Depends what route you want to take first mate really

Power & Performance
External Aesthetics
Internal Aesthetics
Sound System

I figured that i would be spending most of my time inside the car, as opposed to looking at it. So i went down the route of making the inside a little better than standard. Like White LEDS all around, new Stereo + Speakers, Black Plastics and headlining, gear gaiter etc. Then once i was happy with the interior foundations, i got to work on power.

BadgerInALeon

Im Aiming For Interior I Think. Where would I Go To Look For LED Kits?

Im In Pagham At The Moment Nick. Don't Be Confused If You See A Female Driving It (The Misses Uses It To Cut About It)

Badger

cass

Apr 8, 2013
A leon cupra r in Hunston?! :eek: and another nice leon in chi... If I still had my cupra we could have had a chi meet :D I used to live in Hunston too. Imperial blue leon cupra mk1?

cleverspoon

Sep 17, 2011
GET A REMAP!
Then I just realised I'm a plonker and its not a turbo sooo do the above! Lol
Ak

+1 on remap!!

But yeah wont do a lot on yours (if they even do one for it)

Led lights i got all mine off ebay, go for the smd chips as they are much better, the rear interior lights are t5 i believe.

I fitted a mk4 golf armrest......i couldnt live without it.

Fabia rear aero wiper kit off ebay, 100 times better than the standard thing!

Mk4 golf aero wipers/ arms tidy up the front window.

Jun 14, 2003
Southampton
Visit site
They are a perfect fit. The passenger side blade has been cut down to fit wind screen
8u9a3u4y.jpg

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
I will keep an eye out for you around Bognor. If you see a black mk2 Ibiza with yellow wheels, driven by someone old enough to know better, that will be me :D

I only sold my Leon a month or so back, so I still have a few bits, but mostly exterior parts I think. If you fancy an LCR splitter, tinted rear lights, or an Abt boot spoiler give me a shout :rofl:

nathan_20vt

Mar 30, 2013
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
I'm new to Leon's and thinking what to do to my cupra. Have just received my fabia rear wiper through the post so that will be going on later and got my eye on a pair of golf front wiper arms (flat blades). Also got some tinting film for my rear lights. Has anyone used film before?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members