Coolant loss

James R.

Aug 8, 2012
Newcastle
My LCR seems to be losing coolant quicker than it should, I've just had a cobra turboback fitted decatted, could just be coincidence but theres no fault codes no leak puddles on the floor etc, there does seem to be more smoke coming out the exhaust though. Any ideas?

James R.

Aug 8, 2012
Newcastle
The head gasket was replaced 3-4 month ago, doesnt mean its not that i suppose. Its not smoke though just steam smells abit rich. If it was the head gasket wouldnt there be a oil leak also?.edit sorry i did say smoke in my first post.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
headgasket failure on these engines is very rare. could be anything. my mate who owns a LCR was losing coolant for ages and eventually traced it back to a pin ***** hole in the radiator.

Dobbsport

my lcr is loosing coolant through bottom corner of rad but not enough to leave a puddle on the ground...it needs topped up weekly...

Jimmy rally's

Apr 28, 2013
Had a coolant leak on my lcr had to keep topping up every 2 weeks.. Turned out to be seal on waterpump even know it had done 40k and changed for metal propeller

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
Mine occasionally looses a load of coolant, enough to get the three beeps on the dash with the coolant light if I don't keep an eye on it... My last one did the same, I just fill it up with water and don't worry about it until winter comes :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.