Somebody hit my baby while it was parked last night!

JoshWoogs

Hi, signed up because after months of lurking I need a bit of help.

I go away on holiday on Friday (really didn't need this now)

Woke up to this mess that somebody had left by crashing into the side of my Ibiza.

Any idea's how much I'm looking at in repairs? How much does the back panel cost if I needed a new part?

30swoqp.jpg
[/

Last edited by a moderator:

JoshWoogs

Why not just take it to a few bodyshops and get some estimates done!

I need it for work and go away on Friday. Just looking at what people think before picking my next move.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
I think that'll definitely be cheaper to just claim off your insurance, cop for the excess and a higher premium for the next year or two.

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Hi, signed up because after months of lurking I need a bit of help.

I go away on holiday on Friday (really didn't need this now)

Woke up to this mess that somebody had left by crashing into the side of my Ibiza.

Any idea's how much I'm looking at in repairs? How much does the back panel cost if I needed a new part?

30swoqp.jpg
[/

Really feel for you bud. Had the same happen to my leon. Transit with side loader went straight down it. 2 New bumpers, wing, 2 doors and 1/4 pannel repaired. Never found out what it cost as had to go through insurance . Never did catch the transit even though it was CCTV .
Surely you can still go on holiday though? Take it , she still drives? I know its a pain , but she can be repaired. Go away , have a great time, then sort it when your back. Make sure you tell your insurance company asap. Even if you do it as a cash job, long as you don't claim your premium shouldn't go up. Just covers your backside.

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
ye think i would be taking this through the insurance as well. will just have to take it in the arse for a bit in premiums

AL90

Dec 14, 2011
Sheffield
****, know how it feels. :( poor car
that will be a new rear quarter. from someone like seat will be about £2500, cant really see how bad the door is, but will probably be another £1000 on top of that for a replacement door if its needed.

smaller places will be able to do a repair like that for a lot less though. i bet youll be looking at around £1000 from them.

hope you get it sorted soon

AshleyBOC

Mar 15, 2012
Ouchh that is some serious ££££'s worth of damage. That rear 'panel' makes up most of the whole car...

Deffo insurance jobby, there is no other way around that unless you wanna drop £5k into someone elses f**k up!

Feel for you :(