Bye bye

Dav87

Hi guys after owning my seat exeo 143 tdi since February it's going.

Been in the garage for repairs multiple time and the fault just keeps coming up so after a discussion with the manager I've decided to return the car for a refund.

:cry: real shame as I loved the car (when it worked)

Dav87

The fault is
it judders under acceleration.
Cuts out under acceleration, losing all power and power steering.

It's had a full service, full diagnostic with seat. All connection and wiring loom have been checked. All relevant sensors have been checked. New turbo hoses.

They've had the car in total on and off for 6 weeks about 5 visits.
Sorry to say seat have been completely useless and really unhelpful. That includes seat head office.

kblackburn

Aug 15, 2012
holme/cumbria
Dav87,

How many miles have you covered ?.
Have they been able to experience the faults ? We had a similar fault on a Rav4 diesel, took ages for us to replicate the fault, when it did it no fault codes were recorded, turned out to be the injector driver ecu, this particular customer had taken his vehicle to several dealers, he'd been old all sorts, from valves sticking?( don't know how that would happen without piston to valve contact)

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
Sounds like the car needs squashing and weighing in! Bet you're glad to be rid of that turd, I know I would be. Shame you had a duff one as they are generally cracking cars. Still not bored with mine

What car will be replacing it?

Dav87

The car juddering happens on longish journeys like my 50 mile commute. i can get the car to fault but when it goes to the garage they wipe the ecu of all faults and try to get it to re occur with little or no luck.
seems seat are scratching there heads over the matter but i don't have the time or patience to sort it out.
they're on about reselling the car after they have 'fixed' the fault but i'm not convinced they can or will.

I look at getting another one but the misses refuses to have another, so i'm looking at a passat highline or A4 s line. both 2.0 tdi common rail.

cliveseat

May 15, 2008
West Yorks
First report of a bum Exeo that I can remember on this forum, unless anyone can say otherwise. Mine's been ultra-reliable (53k) in the 20 months I've had it, give or take the odd bulb, puncture and TPMS glitch.
Sorry to hear about your experience, Dav87.

Dav87

its not put me off buying another one I understand that the odd one slips through quality control.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise