t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Fry over black or high power silver wheel refurb?

• Fry over black wheel colour

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • High power silver wheel colour

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Oil change time amongst other things so I've got some Fuchs Titan race pro s oil to go in this Saturday, new oil filter, new fuel filter, new front spitter, replacing the front pads, swapping front 15mm spacers for 20's and getting the car dropped some more at AmD.

I got a Forge lcr carbon engine cover in the week too brand new, emailed them and they listed some on eBay happy days :)

This is how the the ol' Spanish wagon is looking at the moment... Defo won't make it in this car park once its been dropped some more oh well :p

my8apejy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
I noticed yesterday as you booted it off that you have the car sitting level front and back as opposed to mine where the front is a tad lower. Debating whether to level mine so I can lower it a bit more without starting world war 3 with the speed bumps and car parks!!!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I noticed yesterday as you booted it off that you have the car sitting level front and back as opposed to mine where the front is a tad lower. Debating whether to level mine so I can lower it a bit more without starting world war 3 with the speed bumps and car parks!!!

Get that ass down squatting mate :p

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
AmD worked on my old Spanish wagon again today.

20mm spacers now on the front.
Lowered two turns on the coilovers all round.
Fuchs Titan Race Pro S oil change, oil filter & fuel filter replaced.
Forge 225 turbo hose fitted - small red one at the end of the charge pipe.
Mintex 1144 pads fitted on the Brembo's. Trying these out as I wasn't massively impressed with my DS2500's on track and prefer to judge pads through first hand abuse. If I don't get on with these I might buy a K-Sport front setup :p
New front splitter also fitted. Kept the old one as a spare that DK might want to experiment with some day.

Best new mod is my new tuned numberplate which I managed to get fitted by AmD and test out all the way home. This new plate increases bhp by 20 through aerodynamics and makes it a real race car :p With improved low down responsiveness all round too... ;)

In not so good news, it seems my Forge carbon engine cover doesn't quite fit as perfectly as I'd like. The ECS one I had didn't line up on the plastic screw mounting points - but this one does. The issue is the oil cap looking well out line with the opening in the engine cover. See pic below.... The cover has plenty of flex in it and will sit right but then pop back to this position :blink: so I'll speak to Forge on Monday about getting another one out. I don't have much luck with these carbon engine covers!! [:@]

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
Busy boy today then, well AMD were anyway ;)

Nice updates though mate, we defo need photos of the new drop, new splitter wont last very long now you have gone lower haha

Persevere with the cover as well bud, should come good when you muck around with it.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Busy boy today then, well AMD were anyway ;)

Nice updates though mate, we defo need photos of the new drop, new splitter wont last very long now you have gone lower haha

Persevere with the cover as well bud, should come good when you muck around with it.

I'm off out in a bit, I might take a pic but the car is pretty filthy :p

I will have another look at the cover tomorrow morning if I have time as I have a bbq all day pretty much. Hopefully sort it soon..

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
I'm off out in a bit, I might take a pic but the car is pretty filthy :p

I will have another look at the cover tomorrow morning if I have time as I have a bbq all day pretty much. Hopefully sort it soon..

Cool cool no rush, hopefully should be alright.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
The cover looks great Tom don't stress too much. If you search for perfection everytime your going to end up disappointed. Looking forward to your opinion on the pads.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Just a little more fettling Tom then it's there. It needs to go back just a few mms doesn't it. Remove the black brackets that are attached to the inlet manifold by Allen bolts, reshape them so when refitted their location will be just a few mms back. If I was closer mate I'd pop round and jelp you out. The bay looks soooo well finished off with the cf cover on!

K-Sport 6 pots then... :blink::D

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Cool cool no rush, hopefully should be alright.

Going to speak to Forge tomorrow mate :)

The cover looks great Tom don't stress too much. If you search for perfection everytime your going to end up disappointed. Looking forward to your opinion on the pads.

Yeah mate as above really, I'm going to ring Forge tomorrow anyway and see if they'll swap it to at least try another out.

So far so good with the pads but time will tell :)

I wasnt convinced when i first saw Toms alloys, I mean they looked good but this pic has convinced me! :)

I'm really pleased with them, they get better the more I see them :D

Just a little more fettling Tom then it's there. It needs to go back just a few mms doesn't it. Remove the black brackets that are attached to the inlet manifold by Allen bolts, reshape them so when refitted their location will be just a few mms back. If I was closer mate I'd pop round and jelp you out. The bay looks soooo well finished off with the cf cover on!

K-Sport 6 pots then... :blink::D

Yeah it's about 3-4mm out, and needs to go back a touch. I'll see what Forge say and go from there :) Would be good if you did live closer mate for sure haha. I need the engine cover on to complete it. I'm sure I'll get it sorted to my liking soon enough.

The K-Sports are 8 pot and yes I have been thinking about them a lot lol :whistle:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise