MK3 Ibiza was k04 now gtx2867r badger 5 mapped 387bhp for now

Sep 22, 2011
Hemel Hempstead
Lovely Chris,

Can see why you wanted some parts from me :)

Heads up on the VT gearbox mount, you might want to put another nut on each bolt as they wobble loose and come out! I Loctite'd mine too.

Interested to see what comes of this turbo, what is it supposed to be a hybrid of originally?

Just noticed you might not have one yet!

Alright mate cheers for the advise I'll put some on. I didn't get the last bit of that where you said I might not have 1 yet? The gtx2867r is basically a gt28rs but with its billit compressor wheel it flows as much as your turbo just without the same amount of lag. Should be interesting to have it custom mapped to see what is like on paper

Last edited:

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Alright mate cheers for the advise I'll put some on. I didn't get the last bit of that where you said I might not have 1 yet? The gtx2867r is basically a gt28rs but with its billit compressor wheel it flows as much as your turbo just without the same amount of lag. Should be interesting to have it custom mapped to see what is like on paper

I edited the post - I didn't actually see an uprated gearbox mount (first glance thought the rear engine mount was the GB one)

Ahh should be very interesting then! Who is doing your mapping?

Sep 22, 2011
Hemel Hempstead
Bill is going to be mapping it. It's ok atm just boost fluctuates and its pretty rich up top end. But need to see if I can do this me7.5 myself or just let Bill do it before he maps it but that means saving for a bit.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Bill is going to be mapping it. It's ok atm just boost fluctuates and its pretty rich up top end. But need to see if I can do this me7.5 myself or just let Bill do it before he maps it but that means saving for a bit.

It's a pain of a conversion.

WB allows much better stuff, I have even got my own custom measuring blocks added in VCDS ;)

Rich up top end it better than lean! Have you logged it? Be interesting to see spool, and fueling.

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
Nice. I just ordered my aks manifold, downpipe, oil feeds etc to fit my gt2871.

Take it you have left standard injectors etc on and will be fitting larger ones after remap? Or else it wouldn't run without remap? I'm just trying to work out how I'll get mine to mot station then in for remap once it's all fitted.

Yeah defo

Mine ran awful with just LCR injects on stage 1 let alone 550cc lol

But I think Chris fitted it all at AKS so maybe Alex got a revo stage map flashed on for him to bomb around in

Sure Chris will confirm all

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Hemel Hempstead
When it all got fitted quite late at night by the time we finished we couldn't download revo 3 as the file had to be requested. So I had to drive home with the big injectors in as had mot in the morning and yeh it ran like a bag and smashed through fuel. Then went back to Alex Afew days later and had stage 3 downloaded but the fuelling isn't that great so want a custom map and gearbased boost so going wideband

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
no generic stage 3 is ever going to be "right" for these cars... .Its just cant be.. The tell tale being boost control is always "advised" to be done by ebc/mbc as thats not possible to be controlled properly on a one code fits all approach.. BT's are just way too different. Its a hige compromise to a BT build..

Generic code on a BT is nutts... Spend money on BT hardware and then cop out with a generic map to make it all work? Why would you do that?

Custom every time on BT and modded cars.
1.8ts are old... they have issues a lot of the time and one size does not fit all remap wise if generic. Too much variance now on the cars with their 10+year age and assorted wear and tear

superkarl

Mar 12, 2012
southport. NW
what annoys me about this build is exactly what Bill has said.
I check on progress on this all the time, great hardware, and still no decent software to see what you actually spent all that money on.

Sep 22, 2011
Hemel Hempstead
Ok it's done booked in with bill on the 29th of July. Work has been abit quite lately but has picked up abit that's why I haven't been able to afford it till now. Will be nice to see what it can do quarter mile in After the decent map as went pod Afew weeks ago and did pretty bad haha

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Looks good mate, that turbo looks the sex!! Be looking forward to see the results after bill gets hold of this. That man never fails to impress me haha. His work is just top notch. Also that custom dp looks amazing, top notch work by alex too!
Are you getting the wb conversion on 29th by bill to or just custom mapping? Look forward to results and some graphs ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise