Anyone know the pinout of the cd changer fitted in the Cupra R?

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
I've got an 03 LCR with the aura headunit and (recently replaced) cd changer.

I basically want to find out which pins on the 12 pin cd changer connector are the audio inputs + gnd signals, so I can use them to create an aux input for my mp3 player (preferably with a switch so I can still use the cd changer if necessary).

I've trawled around the web but have not found anything that is specific to the Leon cd changer.

I'm sure someone on this forum has done this already and knows the pins?

Stuart

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
thanks Pabs, this looks like the right info. I've just got to decide now whether to *******ize the cd changer cable for my purposes or buy the right connectors to do a professional job.

Something tells me I should buy an MP3 cd player head unit and/or mp3 cd changer, but there's no fun in doing that!! :) (or maybe there is.......)

Stuart

reece27

Am looking to do the same thing. That link doesnt seam to be working with me tho. How did you end up doing it? Already have all the connecters i need just need the info.

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Can anyone tell me how you take the cd changer out,i got a black glove box to fit
Do cable unplug from changer or do i need to take headunit out ?

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Am looking to do the same thing. That link doesnt seam to be working with me tho. How did you end up doing it? Already have all the connecters i need just need the info.

reece27 - I didn't bother in the end. I pulled out the CD changer and bought an Alpine HU with Ipod connection - it seemed like a much slicker solution at the time. So, sorry I can't help with the wiring details.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise