Wheel spacer help

DaveJL

May 8, 2012
Belfast
Hi guys,

Hoping to get a set of Eibach springs on my K1 soon, 30mm drop, and would like to add some spacers to the wheels to fill out the arches.

I've been looking at H&R ones, and thinking of 12mm for the rear and 10mm for the front.

Does that sound about right or what would you recommend?

Cheers

Dave

DaveJL

May 8, 2012
Belfast
Never thought of the 15mm ones.

Was looking at the hubcentric H&R ones, but also had a look at Creation Motorsport's examples.

Any experience with those?

Still think i'll go 12mm rear, 10 front, or maybe 15mm rear, 12 front.

DaveJL

May 8, 2012
Belfast
Would a 15mm rear, 10mm front cause any rubbing if lowered on 30mm Eibach springs? Don't want the tyres to catch the arches etc.

Also, would the aluminium ones look daft against my black wheels?

Can you get the necessary longer locking bolt?

Last edited:

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Best thing to do is hold something flat against the arch and the measure from it to the tyre sidewall, this will give you the measurement of what space you have to work with.

Damian @ DPM Performance

jh1

Jan 28, 2011
Oop north Teeside
Continuing on the spacer thread if DaveJL don't mind

Has any one fitted wheel spacers to a none lowered cupra and if so does it look ok.

Pic's would be nice if you have any.....

Pretty much stuck with the standard cupra drop
(curbs and many people in back prevent lowering as I live in speed bump mountain land)

Don't know if it will look daft - and apparently cupra only drops 20mm on the 50/30mm eibach sportlines and no difference in drop from pro sports :shrug: hope Damien @DPM will correct me if I'm wrong (Thanks) have you seen any wheel spacers fitted to none lowered cars mate - whats your view Damien please..

jh1

Jan 28, 2011
Oop north Teeside
Yep agree - vastly improved appearance - seen the before n after pics but I can't find anything about is yours lowered or not mate......

jh1

Jan 28, 2011
Oop north Teeside
I thought so - probably why it looks soooooo smooth or as Will eye am says :coolthumb that's dope :D :D

Thanks for reply will still keep wondering if I should ban rear passengers, lower, or just stick on spacers !!!! theres that much info out on the web you can do your head in.
To far out at back - understeer, unstable blah blah blah - agree with you Damien seems to offer expert advice (Guess that's his job - a suspension expert) so - waiting to get out the measuring stick and visualise what spacers would look like without lowering car, did you get all the bolts and locking bolt with your kit - and anything you needed to know that wasn't obvious, hope you don't mind me picking ya brain......

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.